what toys

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caramel

Reaction score
the weather here is beautiful at the moment and will hopefully stay like that for a while, caramel spends a lot of time in her run, ive put boxes in there with her and her toys but she doesnt seem interested and will just eat the grass and they lay there, what toys can i give her which will stimulate her more and which she will enjoy, please help, i cant afford anything too expensive at the moment so any good cheap ideas will be welcome

My rabbits love playing with a beach ball at the moment, and really simple things like pieces of ribbon, toilet roll tubing and little jangly cat balls. You could encourage your bun to play by stuffing toilet roll tubes with hay and a little treat hidden in the middle (such as a piece of fruit).. Toys needn't be expensive at all!

And I promote the Digging box:

april200709.jpg

Cost me $12
$5 - sand from home depot
$7 - storagetub from walmart

And since you bunny is outside, you won't have to deal with my problem... sand everywhere. :D

I love this idea *steals for own buns* ;)

HoneyPot wrote:
And I promote the Digging box:

april200709.jpg

Cost me $12
$5 - sand from home depot
$7 - storagetub from walmart

And since you bunny is outside, you won't have to deal with my problem... sand everywhere. :D

What about hanging toys from the run? Does it have a roof that you can hang some from?

My buns LOVE their tent. I got it from Walmart for $7 and they sit in it and run through it all the time.

This is what it looks like.....

bunroomsnowpuff%20021.jpg

- Amy (Mallory, Morgan, and Madilyn-Mae):hearts

Rosie.....I got another one tonight for Mallory and Madilyn, and gave the tent one to Morgan (as he has unbonded himself).

The new one I bought is a cube and you can buy more of them and connect them together to make tunnels!

The company name is Sport Pet. http://www.sportpet.net

This new cube was only $4. WELL WORTH IT! They just love these things!

Be sure to cut off the ribbons that hang down through the center, as these are for kitties to play with and bunnies just eat them:tongutwo:.

EDIT TO ADD: They don't show these cat play tents on their website. They don't show them on Walmart's website either. You'd have to go to Walmart and look at them. Hopefully a Walmart isn't far from you. I have one about 3 minutes from here, haha!

I'd try lots of different types of tunnels (you can get pipes cheaply at building yards) andcardboard boxes which you can customize by cutting holes in them, attaching different ones together and adding tunnels to themetc to make them into your bunnies own burrow.;).I also back up Nadia's idea of a digging box, my girls have one full ofmud and they love it!Also leaving small toys like willow/apple twigs, cardboard toilettubes, rattles etc can keep her amused but you'll have to find her favorite spot where she likes to play with them,my girls like them in their hay box.:DI'd also make sure that you move around where the toys are every day so that Caramel doesn't become bored with them.:)

thanks for all your help guys, i've tried boxes she likes them but i haven no where to store them and if it rains they get destroyed easily and the shops around dont keep them for long, i've asked for them to be kept but they never do, i love the tunnel from Walmart but here in the UK we dont have a Walmart well no where near me and i havent seen any cheap ones around, i love the little tent sounds like a good idea as well as the digging box, i think caramel is going to be spoilt in the next few weeks thanks for all your ideas will give them a go she which she likes

Pets at Home do the tunnel for rabbits, caramel. :)
I have one and my bunnies adore it. Pets at Home are great for toys - is there one near you?

I have some. They are square. Also for cats. My guys bat at the ribbons.

undergunfire wrote:
Rosie.....I got another one tonight for Mallory and Madilyn, andgave the tent one to Morgan (as he has unbonded himself).

The new one I bought is a cube and you can buy more of them and connect them together to make tunnels!

The company name is Sport Pet. http://www.sportpet.net

This new cube was only $4. WELL WORTH IT! They just love these things!

Be sure to cut off the ribbons that hang down through the center, asthese are for kitties to play with and bunnies just eat them:tongutwo:.

EDIT TO ADD: They don't show these cat play tents on theirwebsite. They don't show them on Walmart's website either. You'd haveto go to Walmart and look at them. Hopefully a Walmart isn't far fromyou. I have one about 3 minutes from here, haha!

I am going to go back to Walmart and pick up another one of the square ones. It is smaller and will fit better in a smaller space, which Morgan is going to have to have when we move this Friday.

Darn bunny. Can't he just get along with his brother and sister?!:headsmack

undergunfire wrote:
Darn bunny. Can't he just get along with his brother and sister?!:headsmack

Are you serious? That would mean that he has to do what you want. What child does?

Alicia

You are right, Jade. Morgan is throwing his own little temper tantrum.

He wants his OWN Madilyn-bunny, hehe.

Latest posts

Back