What to try first?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okiron

Reaction score
While reading another thread I just realized the flemmies are getting old enough to start trying veggies. What veggie should be tried first? What would you recommend trying last? (ie something that most rabbits are fine with first, most rabbits have problems with last)

The "staples" in my house are parsley, cilantro, and romaine. The favorites seem to be parsley and romaine. Whichever one you try to feed first, feed it in small quantities. Too much parsley at once can cause gas and too much romaine at once can cause mushy poops or diarrhea.

They also get the following on a rotating basis depending on what's in season or what's in the store: basil, mint, collard greens, green peppers, and arugula. Those might be fun to try out once you see how well they adjust to greens.

lol even Lumi's never tried any of those. Only thing I've ever given her is carrots. That might be more of me not having a fridge and kitchen than not wanting to give it to her though. Errik wants to grow his own herb garden so the basil, mint, etc wouldn't be a problem.

The herb garden is a great idea. Basil and mint are big favorites around here. I had success growing parsley and cilantro last year, so you might be able to feed those as well.

foods that I am sure won't cause problems in my buns are romaine, parsley, cilantro, curly endive, and dandelion greens. ones with more calcium or gas potential like broccoli and kale would be a second choice, since they could cause problems.

Latest posts

Back