What to put on a pedigree?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChocolateBunny

Reaction score
Ok, so this is probably really dumb but I want to know what I would ad to my kits pedigree's.
The dad has a full pedigree, mom does not.

What do I put on the pedigree? I dont under stand how you actually do it.
On a pedigree there are 2 setions that keep closing in until you get to the bunny. So, how do you still only get two sections on a pedigree when really there would be 4 sections? 2 from each parent? How do you choose which to put on the pedigree?

I dont really know how to as this question so Im hoping someone understand me.

Here is a pic of a blank pedigree to use as an example of my bucks pedigree

And since the mom doesnt have one, How would the kits pedigree look? Can somone post an example?

Top half of the pedigree is sire bottom half is dam. Need to have color of rabbit, tattoo, breed, name of rabbit includine rabbit name (ex: CW's Muffin) date born, registration number if the have one and GC number if they have one. If you do not know the rabbits lineage you can put unknown or just leave it blank but make sure you let people who are purchasing the rabbit that it has a partial pedigree before the buy him/her.

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiittttt, I think I got it!!!! Do you knock off the last portion of the pedigree each time you make a new one so it will always continuously be a 3 gen. pedigree?

ChocolateBunny wrote:
Ok, so this is probably really dumb but I want to know what I would ad to my kits pedigree's.
The dad has a full pedigree, mom does not.

What do I put on the pedigree? I dont under stand how you actually do it.
On a pedigree there are 2 setions that keep closing in until you get to the bunny. So, how do you still only get two sections on a pedigree when really there would be 4 sections? 2 from each parent? How do you choose which to put on the pedigree?

I dont really know how to as this question so Im hoping someone understand me.

Here is a pic of a blank pedigree to use as an example of my bucks pedigree

And since the mom doesnt have one, How would the kits pedigree look? Can somone post an example?
I can't do a picture - sorry - but you'd put all the dad's information on the top half o the pedigree (just like dad's looks - only he goes in the Sire spot on the kits' pedigree). For the mom's portion - you would fill in her name and if you know her weight or birthdate, etc - and then leave the rest of her portion blank. So you'd have blank boxes on those last two right columns for the bottom half.

Does that help at all?

Some of the pedigree software programs can go out four and five generations - three is the minimum usually. (I think they go out that far - I think mine does).

Yes, that's right. The far right column on the sire's pedigree will not show up on the kit's pedigree. The lower portion, where the dam's pedigree would be, will be blank to the right of where the dam is listed.

Latest posts

Back