What to look for after getting a Male alterd?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KieraKittie

Reaction score
Been a while since I posted, its official I am keeping Ozzy forever and ever. He was the rabbit I rescued from a lady who's kids had him in the garage in a tiny tiny cage. Got him altered yesterday at the vet and he seems to be doing well since then.

Is there anything I should look for after getting him snipped? Him and Dandy are together but honestly after all this time and no babies I am not worried of her getting pregnant. As for him they used a gas on him and not an injection so that was good. He seems to be eating and drinking and moving around, just a bit slower than normal. Maybe I am just used to seeing him trying to hump poor Dandy that watching him laying around is awkward.

Any tips? Advice? things to keep an eye on while he heals? Thanks!

If he's eating and drinking and seems active that's good, although you probaby want to keep him caged for a few days to give him time to heal. How old is he and how old is Dandy? Bucks will still have viable sperm for a while after a neuter (some claim up to 8 weeks).

Just make sure not to let him overdo exercise while he's healing. It sounds like he's off to a good start though since he's eating and drinking. My bun was a bit depressed after and didn't eat for awhile so we had to feed him ourselves.

Back