what to have in your draw for when your buns sick (uk)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbaxter

Reaction score
I hear a lot about Benebac? whats the equivlent in the uk ?

i have gas meds and a can of pumpkin,goimg to ask vets for some critical care sachets ,what else should i have at hand incase of GI stasis? hot water bottle?

Thanks

Snugglesafe, dioralyte, Infacol AND Gripe Water, Fibreplex (the closest we can get to Benebac, we don't really have anything similar), Metacam (you can only get this from a vet), syringes, Panacur, possibly some Bio-Lapis (better in some situations-such as a blockage, than Fibreplex). Being taught how to do Sub-Q fluids is also useful (again, from and by your vet).

I also always keep baby food and rabbit safe juices around.

Oh, and don't get own brand rehydration sachets because they are not ok.

Its REALLY sensible to get a first aid kit together, so well done you for sorting it all out :)

Depending on your vet they may be ok with you keeping antibiotics at home. I have Baytril and Septrin here.

Also, with the critical care, you can make your own, the actual critical care is very expensive. But if you make a pellet slurry (soaking them in boiling water and leaving them to cool), and adding something like the bio-lapis, it has the basics in there, and you can also add things in that you know your bunny likes (like on Monday, when I had my emergency, I used apple juice).

Oh, and oats (the regular rolled kind, not quick or instant) are always useful to have around too.

ooo Flashy your a wealth of info thanks i`m gona make my list now,George goes to rescue group for bonding week after next then week later we`ll av two buns in the house!:pinkbouce:

Latest posts

Back