What To feed a 2 month old

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nobunnynoclue

Reaction score
I just adopted a baby lionhead yesterday from the county animal control. They all seemed very ignorant about rabbits there and could not answer the simplest of questions. She was surrendered along with about 10 other rabbits by the owner just the day before. Her paperwork also lists her age as 2 months. She is tiny so as you can imagine I am worried about her eating well.

I've given her only sweet meadow hay and nothing else. I know that Afalfa hay is fed to babies but I'm allergic to it. Is alfalfa hay crucial for babies? Or can I get away with giving her one of the other hays I am not allergic to such as sweat meadow, orchard grass, or oat hay? I suppose I could wear a mask and gloves while handling the alfalfa as well as taking antihistamine.

I know veggies should not be given for another 4 months but what about Timothy pellets? Ive given her a huge litter box and a place to hide. She is not litter trained yet either.

Here's a close up pic.

IMAGE_7A3A23B9-609B-4909-976B-12B7EB3CE63A.JPG

She should have unlimited hay. Are you allergic to timothy hay? That's what I use but I understand that you can give a mixture of hay to provide the bunny with more variety. She will need a good quality pellet as well. I have heard many good things about Sherwood Forest Rabbit Feed. That is what I am switching too. They have a pellet for bunnies up to 12 weeks which provides extra fat. And of course fresh water available at all times. Congrats on ur new bunny. She is a cutie :)

At 2 months old she should be on alfalfa pellets and alfalfa hay, I mix in my alfalfa hay with timothy hay and the babies are fine, so I think you can get away with just that.

Are you giving her pellets? I use Sherwood Forest (alfalfa) and my buns really love them.. i am so happy with this food i dont think i'll ever switch.

Yes I'm allergic to timothy as well as botanical hay. I wasn't always allergic to them. The allergy just came out of nowhere.

Anyway thanks for the advice. I think I have seen alfalfa pellets which may be a good alternative to the hay.

Latest posts

Back