What to expect after neutering??(worried)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wonderful info!! my 2 go in next month...seemsto be the thing to do right now huh? That vets gonna be hatin life ifit don't go well... ;) ;)

:?..I didnt do it..I was too scared..even withall your advice I went home this morning and he gave me thisinnocent lil smile and I melted..I said I cant do this to u..I calledand cancled the appointment..Im such a wimp:X

Cadburys_mom wrote:
:?..I didn't do it..I was too scared..even with allyour advice I went home this morning and he gave me thisinnocent lil smile and I melted..I said I cant do this to u..I calledand cancled the appointment..Im such a wimp:X

I know how you feel, I really don't want to do it to my buns, but if Idon't do it, its like setting up their funeral, I'llbegetting mines done in here about 6 months or in a yearbecause thats when I will bein my new house.

Im not sure, but right now I have Mia, one doe,and Cookie, my aunts bunnie, and Neo the buck, I think for males issome what similar, but not sure, about to leave to school, I might beon around 9-10am Easthern, if you need anything reply here or you cansend me a pm.;)

Cadbury- I completely understand! Yougotta do it when you feel comfortable with it. One mainreason I neutered Cosmo (besides having a female with him), is that ifthey are not altered and aren't allowed to mate, they just go crazysearching for a female to mate with. Now, that's probably nottrue for all rabbits, I just know I didn't want Cosmo to have thisendless feeling of searching and not having any way to "relieve thefeeling"....so I just feel it helps them calm down and relax and forgetabout mating. It could bring you two closer!

Good luck

-Vanessa

hi vanessa...ok by neutering the males, ithelps to calm them down..but wat abt females? is it necessary to themtoo if i already done the male?

Hi baby_rabbit- yes, it is actually moreimportant to spay a female than neuter a male (I feel..)...although,both are important! Like I said with males, spaying femalesalso helps to calm their hormones and their constant search for amate. It also eliminates the risk of uterine cancer, givingyour pet a healthier, longer life.

-Vanessa

hi paulo & vanessa...thanks for theadvice... I'll remember that...i guess i need to fix earliest appt formy buck. is it OK for me to wait till the littleones reach their 1monthbirthday,then I spay my doe? well... i dont have the heart to separate the mumfrom kidsfor now.. :D

As long as the mom is separated from the buck -I'd wait until the babies are weaned - but that is just mepersonally. I know that spaying is more "intrusive" for a doethan neutering is for a buck....and I'd hate to see mom putting up withactive babies while recovering from surgery.

Peg

Latest posts

Back