What to do...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iluvdutchrabbbits90

Reaction score
Okay so we recued Tessa 3 years ago from a puppymill. Her age was un known then it was a guess any where from 10-12. So we just say she is 13. She is JUST 3 pounds and was used for breeding all those years!When she came she had NO teeth and NO bottem jaw left.Are vet said her teeth must of got infected and those sick people did nothing so her teeth and jaw rotted off. But she is just the sweetest little girl.I love her oh so much.And you would never know she is an old girl she just runs and follows me everywhere. My 35 pound border collies mix just LOVES her. So we had her spayed a little over a year ago.So whats scaring me is she got thinner before she was spayed.The vet said she wanted to do blood work before she put her under.But she had to put her half under just to get blood because she acted like a wild horse lol But she did fine with her spay.But she is just thin now...and it worries me. But her being 3 years older it scares me to have to have her put under agian to do blood work. I mean it could just be her age but im afriad if its something else we wont catch it. ohhhh i dont know what to do... leave her be or do the blood work? Any suggestions? She acks and eats like a young dog.

Here is a video of her. I just love this dog.she has more clothes then me :biggrin:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8e9_psuIYI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8e9_psuIYI[/ame]

ur not sounding stupid at all!!..i only know about it cuz a rescue transported a bunny via airplane from florida to arizona and they gave him rescue remedy to keep him calm..its suppose to be all natural..heres the link ..check it out.,.

rescue remedy

The first step is going to be to go to the vets, it could be a number of things and most likely will be able to find out with some blood work. with loosing weight like that it could be something as simple as the thyroid, which can usually be easily treated with medication, to kidney problems, which also can be maintained with meds but be more serious. I dont want to scare you but just show the importance of seeing the vet. Good luck, and way to go for rescuing her, I hate Puppy Mills.

What a beautiful girl she is! Kudos to you for adopting/rescuing her! I second the hate puppy mills comment. Karma comes back around and you, my friend, will have loads of good coming your way. You already have her!

Back