What to do about my interesting bun?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gamommaof2

Reaction score
Does anyone else is bun is like this. I put a old soft towle down in his cage and he just digs it out of the way and perfurs to sleep in the cage floor. I am going to put another box with timothy hay in there and see if he will jump in there and dig and lay,but he seems to not be like the traditional buns that love to jump in a good ole box of hay and have at it. I am a little :?. Any ideas of why he is doing this? Could it be he just like the plastic bottom?

Oh another question what is the biggest bag of Timothy Hay you can buy? I just bought a big one at Petsmart that is 48oz for $7.00.

sometimes they like it because they are cooler laying on a floor or sometimes they are just being cheeky :pand like to destroy things!! sorry can't help you with the hay thing but hopefully this bump will help you get a few more responses :)

Zamboni is the same way. He will have nothing to do with nice comfy beds or even nest boxes. I line the cage with heavy carpet mats like they use in store entrances and he is just fine with that and his little blanky.

ok so it sounds like there are some buns out there that are a little unusual in they way they dont like nesting boxes or a cute comfy bed. I have tried laying a nice fleece blanket down for him but he scoots it away.:(and then does the dead bunny flop,silly rabbit.

Yup, your bun is just like all of mine! Every towel or soft surface they have, they just dig and scoot aside, or pee on so I have to take it out to wash it. They'll go out of their way to get a smooth, hard surface. Even when Chalk was so ill in the hospital and must have been in pain lying down, she was constantly digging the towel about in her cage into a little pile in the middle, all the nurses and vets thought she was hillarious!

Recently we've got some mats, which are made of natural material, but quite heavy with a rubber backed bottom, and they sit in the middle of the cage. Every couple of days we wash them, but they seem to have learned to 'lump' them and not pee on them too much!:p

SO cute in your avatar by the way, I'd love to see more pics of him! :D

I was thinking the same thing today as I cleaned out Miss Lily's cage. Fixed her up with a nice soft towel bed and within 5 minutes she had it all bunched up in a ball and was laying on the cool floor. She doesn't like anything in her sleep area. It is so comical to watch her take all her toys and carry them to the other side of her cage.

Latest posts

Back