what the best wood

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caramel

Reaction score
im going to build a run for caramel and waswondering what is the best wood to use, my dad has some that he said ican have but it is a bit rough would that hurt her by any chance, wasjust wondering cos i know she would bite on it any way and surely thatwould make it rough....... please help

I've never built outdoor housing for a bunny,but I would think the rough wood wouldn't be too bad. You canalways sand it down if you think it's too rough.

As long as the wood hasn't been treated with any chemicals.

--Dawn

Hi Caramel

I don't really have useful advice but can tell you the problems my Dadand I have found with the run we made - that may help. We'dlove to hear what wood you eventually use as we used a soft untreatedwood from Wickes. The run was cheap to make even though itwas about 6 ft by 4ft but the wood is so soft that our Bugsy shreds it!It's untreated too as I couldn't find anything I was confident would besafe so it was never going to last that long.

Oh well, you live and learn. The other issue is thetop-I cover the run with a builders plastic sheetand find that the rain gathers on top so next time the run will have aslightly sloping top.

My run is quite high too (about 3 ft or so) - the height means I canbuild up play areas in it and Bugsy can stretch right up high, but it'sa bit of a pain when you've got to clamber into it in your dressinggown each morning! Good job the neighbours can't see into my garden -they'd get more than they bargained for!

Can't wait to see a picture!

Latest posts

Back