what special treats do your bunnies get for thanksgiving, birthday, christmas?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most of the rabbit treats seem to be seeds etc.that aren't that good for them. Some herbs like parsley go down reallywell and are much better. If you buy yourself a pot to go in the gardenthen you can keep growing more too!

Mine like all the extra vegetables at Christmas. The dine for about three days on the spare bits like carrot tops :D

Tam

I like to give them a bag-o-treats. Itake a paper lunch bag, stuff it with hay (especially special stufflike oat hay), a little alfalfa or small pieces of alfalfa cubes, maybea few raisins, and often a chew toy or two like apple or willow twigsor a grapevine wreath. Then I tie the bag shut with twine andpoke some holes in the bag to make it easier to rip open.They get really excited about it and it keeps them busy for awhile.

Here's a video of Mocha and Loki the last time they got a treat bag.

Here's a recipe for homemade bunnie brownies....:D:cooking:

Remember, these are treats, so give them sparingly.

1 small carrot, pureed (can substitute apple or pear)
1/2 banana, mashed until really creamy
1 tbsp honey
1/4 cup rabbit pellets, ground finely in a coffee grinder
1/4 cup ground oats, ground finely in a coffee grinder

I also add some craisins and raisins. :colors:

Mix pureed carrot, banana, raisins, craisins and honey in a mediumbowl. Add pellet powder and ground oats. Mix untilblended.Put mixture inthrow away aluminum pan (Iuse a meatloafpan..or two, depending on how much you make).Even out to 1/2 thickness. Score with knife in 1/2 squares. Bake at 325degrees for about 30 minutes (check to make sure they are not browningtoo much).

Turn off the heat and let the cookies sit in the warm oven for an hour or so.:waiting:

Enjoy :bunnydance:

jim

Naturestee, that video was so neat!! I love the treat bag idea! I will have to try that with Cocoa.

That was such a cute video! I love howthey got it into the box, and were trying to figure out how to get itback out, hehe! Then Mocha came over and asked for your helpat the end. What cuties! :D

for xmas and birthdays my bunnies have had atunnel to run though or hide in, treats, harnesses, leads, name tagsfor their harness anskaddo toys.

this year i think im going to give them a new tunnel which is made ofplastic so that they can have it in their runs as the other 1 iscardboard! also i really like the paper bag idea and i usally give themlots of left overs on xmas day so maybe this year they can have them inpaper bags!!

what would be the safest thing to tie the bags together with as i dont want them to eat it?

Back