What should I do? (saw a rabbit in horrid condition for sale online)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBunz

Reaction score
I saw a rabbit on CL (please let me know if it's allowed to show the picture even though the pic and rabbit don't belong to me) and it is really in bad condition. I just got my first rabbit like 10 days ago and are going on a trip next week out of state for 4 days or I'd adopt it right now.
Can I tell a local rabbit rescue or Humane Society or animal control?
What can I do? I feel really bad just seeing it and not doing anything for it. Thank you.

Depends what your definition of "Horrid Condition" is?

Your best bet is to likely contact your local Human Society/Animal control if it is truly being neglected. They will be able to direct you further as laws can vary from country to country and even state to state.

It's supposed to be a white and grey/black rabbit and it looks completely yellow/rust colored. It's being kept outdoors in a rusted all metal wire enclosure off the ground with no covering or wood on top to protect it from the elements. It has scruffy fur even though it appears to be a short haired breed. Looks like one of those butterfly rabbits (I forget the breed)
That's why I wanted to post the picture.

Latest posts

Back