What rex should I buy?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazymandolinist

Reaction score
I have an otter rex buck, and I was wondering what colors should be paired with him. He is somewhat ill right now so I''m going to wait a month or so to breed him. That should give me some time to get to know my doe! I'm in no hurry to breed, I just love little baby bunnies! And since I have a single rex already I may as well...

For best color, you should stick to "like" colors. If it is a black otter, breed to a black or blue otter. (Here is one website to reference: http://mr-colors.tripod.com/) If you have nothing else, you can use a solid black.

It depends on what you want for colors. You can breed him to any self colors and get otters and selfs. You can also breed him to agoutis. If the agoutis carry self or otter you will get otters, selfs and agoutis. If the agoutis don't carry self or otter you will get all agoutis and they can carry otter. The agoutis from this cross will probably not have ideal color though. I would stay away from shaded colors with otter. Although torted otters also known as fox are very pretty they are not showable.

Roger

Well, I plan on raising strictly pet rabbits when I get established, for now I just don't want to get the gene pool all messy. I'll probably end up looking for a fox otter, or a blue otter.

Good luck, I bet they will make beautiful babies :) Just make sure you do your research before doing anything because it's heartbreaking when you lose a bun that could have been saved (speaking from experience there).

I can't wait to see some pictures of your doe when you get her :)

Latest posts

Back