What makes your buns Thump

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Toby doesn't thump often. He does after nail trimming time, and sometimes if there is an odd noise that startles him. We have raccoons that like to crawl on our porch, so I think he might hear stuff outside and that bugs him.

Sammi thumps a lot. She has even thumped ON me (my "chestral" region, too :cry2). She thumps when something upsets her. She thumps at Will constantly (which is funny, because she's HIS bunny). He thumps back at her, too. She also has been known to thump when I am late with their breakfast and she knows I'm awake, but still in bed.

My old bunny, Miss Emma McFluffybottoms, thumped at everything. She was terrified of people, and would bolt into her little house and thump at us. She had some strong legs, let me tell you! Her thump was the worst of all of them!

Our old foster, Felice (nee Berry-Boo), didn't really thump. She was young when we first got her, and she was only around for a few months, so I don't think she had much to thump at, lol.

I haven't heard a thump from guys in a long time, but I never could figure out their reasons, when they did. I would get out of bed, and walk around our house, to see if something was wrong, and nothing.

gosh talking about this thumping, Charger has been thumping since yesterday,lol. Last night he was thumping at Belle, he thumped at me this morning w hen i walked by him with a plastic cup,lol!!!!!

We think the thumps are so cute! Diggs thumps when we put him down from being picked up, he usually jumps off my lap, runs away, THEN thumps when he's safely in his hiding box or litter box. Then comes right back when I have the Craisins in my hand!
The other morning we slept in, (my boyfriend gets up at 4:30 and feeds him a veggie snack) and at around 6am we got repeatedly thumped at from the living room until I woke up and gave him his snack!
He thumped last night when I was fixing a book cover with that clear packing tape that makes that horrid noise when you use it. He obviously didn't like the noise. That was the first time he's thumped at a noise.

Gizmo thumps when i ma on the computer, it like he is saying let me out mom.

Our 4 month old, Butterscotch, has rarely ever thumped. But last weekend my 80 yo parents came over for dinner and as they were leaving and my mom was walking past her pen, Butterscotch thumped her LOUD 4 or 5 times. I cracked up. I would thump at my mom, too, if I could... she's a crab!

My bunny thumps if im doing something that doesnt involve paying attention to him kind of like a reminder "hey im here little and cute :]" sort of deal.

Apparantly, diabetes makes some buns thump... On their passed-out owners...

Rabbit Saves Diabetic from Coma!

Here's just a snippet from the article (good read)!
A diabetic man is crediting his giant pet rabbit with saving his life when he slipped into a coma.

Simon Steggall, 42, of Warboys in Cambridgeshire, said Dory, a one-and-a-half stone rabbit, jumped on his chest and thumped furiously when he passed out while watching television.

I stole this link from Jan's (luvabun's) post in the other "thumping thread". Thanks, Jan!

tonyshuman wrote:
Tony thumps when we cook bacon. Maybe he had a buddy in his previous life that was a pig?
Lol! Our old house was open plan, and Barney and Snowy's cage was just in the kitchen/diner bit, and Snowy would thump like crazy whenever I cooked bacon, or any pork. I'm a bit weird, and sometimes like to eat just slices of ham on their own, and once Chalk jumped up on the sofa, onto my lap. She got closer and sniffed the ham, and then BOLTED off the sofa faster than I've ever seen her move right back to the cage where she stared at me thumping! :?

Other than that I've barely ever seen Chalk thump apart from at the vets...

Mouse thumps whenever she sees a cat, or hedgehog in the garden. She too thumps and glares at me like 'well, are you going to sort it out or not?'. By far the funniest time was when I had both the front door and back door open, and was sat on the sofa, bunnies in cage. A cat walked right through our house, past the bunnies and out the back door. Mouse did a double take and just stared at it with the funnies look on her face. Then she thumped about 5 minutes later! :p

Snowy thumps when you try to pick her up- me anyway.

Barney thumps whenever he sees a cat, when I pick him up, or sometimes just to say hello I think lol. He always seems to thump and look at me at the same time!

Dotty thumps at the birds when they start singing in the morning! :rollseyes And if she sees another bunny on the landing, like with Mouse and the Big Fight the other night. And she thumped the other night when she was snuggled up to me on the bed and Steve came in and disturbed her, LOL!

Silly bunnies.... :rollseyes

A bun in the house thumped when I forgot to turn off the computer monitor (at night). House was dark, and an alien orange light didn't "belong there."

Their sensitive ears picked up a nocturnal creature raiding the squirrel's nest box. :(
Not far from the house windows. Thumping occurred. I didn't realize what had happened until I saw the contents of the nest box the next morning.

OT just slightly: they race into their hidey havens if I carry a Christmas or birthday wrapping-paper tube, wear a different jacket. My hubby had a tuxedo on for our son's wedding and that created major havoc with Alien/alien/warning/warning, .:panic:.. ..

Some thumped and dove for cover when they recognized our daughter-in-law as a different human during a family get-together.

They've thumped when the broom started to slide & fall from upright position.

When bigger-legged wildlife gets too close.

From dripping eaves, rain gutters.

The most distressful thumping; occurs when my hubby uses the cutting board.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

luvmyzoocrew, good to see notes get shared, exchanged, when we read different topic threads.

CATS! My Fiona is a big bossy bunny who fears nothing, but the sight of a cat at her level sets her off like nobody's business.

Patrick does the most thumping.... He could be kicking back relaxing when the thought comes across his face that he must find his girl, Luna, for some lovin'. He will run around the house thumping her out. (I am able to tell his intentions from his ears being alert and forward, and he is determined to find her :p)

Zappa thumps when she thinks I am going to pick her up. I only get to pet on her when Patch and Luna are there also because there is less threat of being picked up when I am busy "ooo-ing and ahh-ing" over having three Dutchie noses to pet on at one time. :D

Luna doesn't thump. I do get the foot-flick when I finish with her meds.Her disapproval isn't as stong as the others, but she gets her point across. ;)

myheart

Storm thumos when I feed phoenix first and not him. Or when he is out of hay or when I dont let him out of his cage fast enough.

Out of my bunnies it is Blue who tends to thump the most, this can be at night if our local fox happens to pass by or, if there is a loud noise. He also thumps when you go to the hutch and he doesn't want to know you that day. Clover also thumps if she is in a bad mood lol!

wow we have alot of thumpers on here, and some really picky buns,lol

TreasuredFriend wrote:
OT just slightly: they race into their hidey havens if I carry a Christmas or birthday wrapping-paper tube, wear a different jacket. My hubby had a tuxedo on for our son's wedding and that created major havoc with Alien/alien/warning/warning, .:panic:.. ..
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I had a foster that started screaming when I walked through his room carrying a big, heavy box of ceramic tile. It scared the daylights out of me.

My two rarely thump,but I am getting thumps from bunnies I bunny sit for. They thump me from trying to catch them when their time is up in the playpen.

Latest posts

Back