What kind of vacuum cleaner do you use for rabbit room?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

larryng

Reaction score
shark-v1917-sweeper-256x300.jpg

The Shark sweeper works best for me.

The first I vacuumed my carpet when I first got Bagel (my last bun) I destroyed my "regular" vacuum. I had this vacuum for over a year and I thought that wear and tear broke it.

I went out and bought myself one of these.

dirt-devil-vacuum-cleaner.jpg

The new vacuum broke after the second cleaning. I even went out of my way to clean as hay as I could before I vacuumed.

I want to get a shop vac because I tend to use the vacuum to clean her cage lol. I vacuum out the dirty bedding and the bottom of her cage then dumb it. I'm to lazy to scoop it all out haha. Yea told ya I'm lazy :D

So right now I'm using a regular cheap vacuum. It works but I keep clogging it lmao.

We use our Dyson Ball:

dyson.png

It gets full pretty fast, but it's a good vacuum. No major issues yet! And for what we paid, there better not be any issues for a good while...

i use a shop vac. i only use it for my rabbits cage and sometimes the ferret's cage. i love it. i can suck up hay and it doesn't get clogged; and even if it were to, it's so easy to unclog. i absolutely LOVE IT

We use a 35 gallon shop vac--it's a monster size one, but it doesn't block up and we clean everything including the hutches with it. We have the same Dyson to do the floors with and it works great, but it cost about seven times what our shop vac did.

i wish i had a shop vac! i am still using a broom for their cages haha. I use a Hoover pet windtunnel...with the aweeesoooome(!!!!!!!) rewind cord which makes me love vacuuming! i hated wrapping that freaking cord...but one thing i loved about bagged vaccums is you could throw baking soda down, it can ruin a canister vaccum to use powders on the carpet.

I am waiting for the day they create a 2-1 where it vaccums and steamcleans/shampoos!!!! i have to many accidents between kids and pets and hubby and i know after 2.5 this carpets gotta be naaasty!

3831736_f260.jpg

It's fantastic. I have clogged it numerous, numerous times with hay and every time I manage to unclog it and it works like new.

Not only that, Solara decided she wanted to chew into the wires of the cord (while it was PLUGGED IN) and it still works (my dad covered the wires and stuff.)

Meredith, my mom has a vacuum like that and I hate it XD It never sucks properly, it's too low to the ground, and I always seem to half-break it. XD It works for our dog hair downstairs though.

BabyRue wrote:
I want to get a shop vac because I tend to use the vacuum to clean her cage lol. I vacuum out the dirty bedding and the bottom of her cage then dumb it. I'm to lazy to scoop it all out haha. Yea told ya I'm lazy :D

So right now I'm using a regular cheap vacuum. It works but I keep clogging it lmao.

That is the most awesome idea lol!! I'm going to start vacuuming my buns cages too! We have a shop vac! I'm actually looking forward to it now!

BunMommaD wrote:
We've had a dyson (pet) for nearly 6 years! And it's so awesome it's ruined us to all others LOL it's awesome for dog hair and bunny fur... S well as hay! It's awesome we love it :)
That is what we use too. :) We love that we can pull it completely apart if something gets stuck. Sometimes bits of hay or litter (we use pine shavings, just found out yesterday we shouldn't be so we are on the prowl for a different solution) will be damp and clump up and it is so easy to clean them out of the hoses! My 10 year old is in charge of keeping buns cages clean and it works awesome for her.

I use a Bissel Powerforce bagless, I like bagless because it's way cheaper with the amount of vacuuming we do and I can wash out the tub thing.
This thing is used to vacuum up all the poop from Peppy(tons), hay, and large amounts of cat fur. I do pick up the larger amounts of hay first, but this thing hasn't clogged once. I've even accidentally sucked up my fiance's huge sock and it went right into the bin and didn't clog at all. I<3 it.
http://www.bissell.com/powerforce-bagless-vacuum/

Back