What kind of rabbits are these?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

champa&chess

Reaction score
Here are our rabbits, we got them from a rescue orginaztation, what type are they?

Heres Chess the male:

chess09_RJ.jpg

and Nag Champa the female:
chompa00_RJ.jpg

i dont know much about this, but i have been looking at alot of pictures.

the male is maybe an english spot? i think the female looks more like a mini rex then the male does.

like i said, i dont know really. this is just what i think. wait andsee what carolyn says shes really good at figureing out breeds. :)

This is definitely a Pam question. My ownguess would be,Chess looks almost like an English Spot and rex or minirex mix. Nag Champa looks like a rex or mini rex. It's hard to telllthe size. Pam can tell you way beeter than I can lol.

They are both gorgeous. I'm sure you are one proud bunny salve.

Tina

The top one looks like an English Spot, except Ican't see the line on the back?? The bottom one is gorgeous and has thecoloring of a dark Flemish Giant. I have no idea how large it isthough. But it's one of the prettiest bunnies I've ever seen. Love theeyelashes!

Rose

We can rule out Chess as an EnglishSpot. His bone is too heavy, face to broad and ears tooshort. The English Spot is a finer boned, longer bodiedrabbit. He also does not have the required markings of anEnglish Spot, but probably has Spot in his distantbackground. How large is he? He may have some typeof commercial breed, Dutch or Hotot background. He's not aRex.

Nag, the female, is not Rex furred either. Her color is abeautiful Chestnut Agouti and she may have some Flemish in herbackground (her color is referred to as "Sandy" in the FlemishGiants). How large is she? She may be a commercialcross.

Pam

Both of them are big bunnies, Champa looks likeshe is bigger than chess because she is longer and has a larger frame,but she is leaner and has smaller bones, she weighs in the vacinity of7 lbs. Chess is a bunny chunk, and outweighs champa by a pound or 2.

They are approaching commercial classweight. I'm still thinking that Nag has a commercial andFlemish mix in the background. Big boned Chess appears tohave something smaller in the background that lent to the smaller ear(such as a Dutch).

People mix so many different breeds together, it can be hard to tell for certain.

Who would guess that many of the breeds we have today have angoras intheir ancestory? -- such as the New Zealand, Beveren, French Lop, MiniLop and Holland Lop. I know of a breeder who used Mini Rex inher Polish lines.Netherland Dwarfs are common in thebackground of Dwarf Hotots and the list just goes on and on!

Pam

oo oo im really good at these games!

okay...umm...the first one is a...umm.... spotted panther bunny, also known as a im-gonna-get-you bunny

the second one is a brown lump bun, more commonly known as a leave-me-alone-im-resting bunny.

Back