What kind of rabbit litter do u use?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juicyjuicee

Reaction score
^^^ I used to use wood chips a few years ago but thenI heard it was bad soI switched to something called Woody Pet, and it's only like $5 for a 30lb bag and it works great.

Woody Pet is extremely popular here. I can't find it. I also use litter through the whole cage and the pelleted litters are uncomfortable for that. I use Carefresh, and I like everything but the price.:?

Ican't find woody pet here either but there is some stuff that is wood pellets horse stall bedding thatI get from al ocal tractor supply store. It works great!You get a huge 30 lb bag for like a little over 4 dollars. It controls odor well is very absorbant and lasts forever!Also, as back up,I have carefresh.

I use Yesterday's News. My rabbit is boxtrained, and free range in my bedroom, so I just fill his box. I imaginit would be expencive to litter an entire cage with it though.

I use the Southern States (Agway) horse stallwood pellet bedding. It works pretty good and is only $4.79for 30 pounds.

Don't have my bunnies yet, but I went out on theweekend and bought some bags of Woody Pet to stock up (thanks toStephanie for recommending Country Depot...what a great littleplace!!). And now I see why WP is so popular...holy cow! It cost mearound $6 per 30-lb bag for Woody Pet, and when I went to PetSmartyesterday I was checking out prices there for Yesterday's News andother brands....$15.00 for a 20-lb bag! :shock:

I wonder if PetSmart would ever consider stocking up on WP...hhhmmm....

Carefresh in the litter box, and newspaper andtowels for the rest of the cage. It gets pretty pricey...what is this Woody Pet stuff? Never heard of it.

I put a grid on my litterbox and a kittylinerunder it. This way I dont need litter. Thier mess just falls throughthe holes in the grid and into the kitty liner. Sometimes I put a smallbitof baking soda in.

Woody.jpg

I am almost finished my first bag of WOODY PET from mid February untilnow. That's 3 1/2months. :D

Rainbows! :angel:

For now I use aspen wood shavings in the litterbox only. I leave the rest of the cage bare. Wouldlike to get some woody pet when this runs out.

Charlie

CHEE65 wrote:
For now I use aspen wood shavings in the litter boxonly. I leave the rest of the cage bare. Would liketo get some woody pet when this runs out.
Hi Charlie,

Might I suggest that you get some WoodyPet before you run out of aspen, so youcan mix the two, and your bunnies wouldaccept the newlitter. Slowly reduce the amount of aspenuntil you have only Woody Pet.

Rainbows! :angel:

Rainbows,

Good idea. I will try to get some woody pet thisweekend. I still have lots of aspen left so I'll start mixingit when I get the woody pet. Thanks.

Charlie

Did someone mention Woody Pet??:yes::jumpforjoy::dancing::groupparty::highfive:

:angel:HEllo there! I like yoursugestion! U alos have a rabit that looks just like my bugsygirl!!! I coldnt beleive it when i saw the pic! It was likelooking in a mirrror image! wow! IS yourrabbita girl or boy> I live in Brooklyn, new yorkMine is a girl. She is over a year oldnow. Shehas had a litter already sheis a good mom. Sheis adwarf mix though she is mixed with dutch but the father is full dwarf,wejust purchased a full dwarf today at petland. Hername is Babbes!

:angel:HEllo there! I like yoursugestion! U alos have a rabit that looks just like my bugsygirl!!! I coldnt beleive it when i saw the pic! It was likelooking in a mirrror image! wow! IS yourrabbita girl or boy> I live in Brooklyn, new yorkMine is a girl. She is over a year oldnow. Shehas had a litter already sheis a good mom. Sheis adwarf mix though she is mixed with dutch but the father is full dwarf,wejust purchased a full dwarf today at petland. Hername is Babbes!

Latest posts

Back