What kind of pellet feed do you feed your bunnies?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunnymom,K

Reaction score
I was just wondering what kind of pellet feed everyone feeds their bunnies. I have noticed over the last couple of years that there are getting to be more and more brands of bunny food available (at least in our area). I buy Nutrena Premium Rabbit pellets- a couple of years ago that was the only pelleted rabbit food available in our area.

I buy two different pellets. Purina (Green bag) gets fed to all the buns that have no digestive issues. Timothy pellets (from Sweet Meadow Farms) gets fed to all the buns that have digestive issues....like: not eating hay, "cow flop" syndrone,
getting on in years.

Oxbow. He's currently on the 15/23 because he's still young, but when this bag starts to run out I'll transition him to the Bunny Basics T.

dootsmom wrote:
"cow flop" syndrone,
I, too, feed ours Oxbow Bunny Basics T. I only have full-grown buns right now, but if I adopt any youngins in the future, they'll be on Oxbow 15/23 until they're grown.

I have to ask, though...I've never heard of "cow flop" syndrome...what is it?

Purina Blue bag at the moment.
All the buns seem to enjoy it - have also fed the SweetMeadow brands also, and those were well accepted also.

Oxbow BBT (timothy based). The only other food I'd buy is Sweet Meadows timothy based pellet, but it costs about $10 more per 50lbs to get it here then Oxbow.

maherwoman wrote:
dootsmom wrote:
"cow flop" syndrone,
I, too, feed ours Oxbow Bunny Basics T. I only have full-grown buns right now, but if I adopt any youngins in the future, they'll be on Oxbow 15/23 until they're grown.

I have to ask, though...I've never heard of "cow flop" syndrome...what is it?

cow flop is most likely a messy big wet poop ???:expressionless

I think it's very descriptive....LOL

I feed kaytee timothy complete but it took years for me to get these guys off alfalfa and on timothy pellets

OOPS forgot Beau who eats a sloppy mix of critical care, oxbow BBT and katee timothy complete

i used to use purina green bag but it kept making my buns sick then i switched to blue seal bunny 16 which my buns dig into except for now i use big red rabbits choice because thumper prefers it over blue seal

I really do wish that wecould getthe good pellet's here like you guy's can get....it's not fair!....here in Australia all pellet brandscontain lucerne....what you guy's call alfalfa we call lucerne...i would love to have my bunnies on nice healthy pellet's

Latest posts

Back