What kind of mix could Chompers be?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChompersMom

Reaction score
His hair is starting to grow back (after being shaved about a month ago) and I swear the hair won't stop growing. I thought he was going to be a shorter haired bunny but his hair is getting longer and it's really soft. He's about 4 lbs and def. full grown (he's unneutered as of right now). I'm assuming he's a lop with a lot of ear control because his ears are up and down and all over the place :p. Here's a few pictures of him (sorry about the bad quality. He wouldn't sit still..kept binkying all over the place :p)

Picture007.jpg

Picture006.jpg

The white spot on his back was where he was shaved to the skin..the mat was so hard there it felt like he was a turtle :(

He looks like a Fuzzy Lop with uppy ears to me. The uppy ears aren't too unusual for fuzzies and hollands. It's likely he's actually purebred. What an adorable guy! Snuggy's Mom's Shadow looks a lot like him, but with loppy ears.

naturestee wrote:
He looks like a Fuzzy Lop with uppy ears to me. The uppy ears aren't too unusual for fuzzies and hollands. It's likely he's actually purebred. What an adorable guy! Snuggy's Mom's Shadow looks a lot like him, but with loppy ears.

And to think the person who gave him to me told me he was a mini rex *lol*. To be fair, they were a Petsmart worker ;).

I just can't wait until his coat is fully grown! It's like getting a goody bag and not knowing what's inside. Do you think the spot on his back will turn black or stay white? I can't tell if it's just his undercoat that's that color or if the hairs growing out of it are all white.

Oh and thank you so much for looking ^^. *hugs Chompers*

He does seem to be a fuzzy lop with ear control. His fur will most likely get to about 2 inches and stop growing- unless he's got Angora in him, but it's unlikely since he's only 4 pounds. I'm glad to hear his coat is growing back in nicely :pinkbouce:

Here is a picture of one of my pastsolid black fuzzy lops to give you an idea what the breed looks like. This was a rabbit born to one of my most succesful show rabbits that went on to live with a very good friend of mine. She's since passed away, her name was Black Beauty.

blackbeauty2.jpg

blackbeauty.jpg

yeah, one of the petstores here told me the mini-rex, 2 dwarf hotots, and the nethie were all dutch rabbit babies..... :faint:

Chompers looks like a cute little ------- mutt baby!

I love those! :biggrin2:

OMG those pictures look just like how his hair is looking :shock: Aw, if he turns out like your bun he will be so gorgeous . I love the hair!:inlove:

Thank you all so much for your help. I will def. post more pics when his hair is completely grown back in so we'll see. I'm hoping it doesn't get longer than 2 inches..Even as a dog groomer I'm not much for dealing with hair at home (hence the reason one of my dogs is hairless and the other is a boxer). However, no matter what he looks like I'll still love him :).

A normal fuzzy lop coat usualy requires little maintenance once the adult coat comes in. So you shouldn't have too much grooming to deal with (hopefully, lol!). If it ends up growing in cottony- it might mat easily. You can just shave him down and see how it grows in next time!

Thanks for the compliments on Black Beauty. She was a very special rabbit. She did very well on the show tables as a young rabbit and the judges were pretty excited about her. But, when she grew in her adult coat it wasn't solid black-- it had stray white hairs all throughout (which is a disqualification). I thought it looked beautiful, but oh well!!:p Unfortunately that meant she could no longer be shown- but she still lived a long life and was a wonderful mother. I get to snuggle her grandkids when I visit my friends rabbits.

Aww...Chomper is like a surprise bunny...ya just never know what that cutie pie will turn out to be like when his hair's done growing back in! :)

I can't wait...

No matter what, though...he's all sorts of cute!!

:inlove:

Give that cutie a kiss for me, ok?

Latest posts

Back