What Kind Of Dwarf Is my Rabbit??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ricosuave

Reaction score
I have not found(still) what my Baby Rico,Or NibbelzIs. I know what netherlands look like and other breeds. But not Mine. Can you help?

Nibbelz

IMG00032-20091123-1436.jpg

Rico

IMG00031-20091123-1425.jpg
Thank you sum1, Any1!!

Hello.. Nibbles is definitley a dwarf?? To me she looks a bit like a polish/hotot dwarf. I get the hotot bit from the black around the eyes.. He/she is beautiful though! And I cant help you with the second one, sorry :)

:bunnydance:These are the onlyother pics I have. You ccan comare the size and length by how small they are to me. But They are a bout 2-3 lbs. and not very long like my netherland mixed dwarf, mama xena. lol. But they both have the distinct short ears!!

Nibbelez wnt staystill for a very good pic!!

Rico likes to lay, so he always looks bigger then normal!lol

Rico

IMG00116-20091115-1856.jpg

Nibbelz

IMG00175-20091019-0016.jpg

I hope these pics and info are enuff. But Nibbelz is a her and rico, A him

They are really cute! Do you have side shots of their bodies? They appear to be Dwarf mixes. We've had some Mini Rex x Dwarf Hotot crosses that look like Nibbelz. Rico could have some Holland Lop mixed in. Either could be a cross of just about any type of small rabbit.

Pam

Okay. hank you all. I will Try to get sum good side pics for everyone. And sum distinct face shots!! And thanx for the advice. I LOVE THIS FAMILY!!

I would say the first bun is definitley a dwarf hotot because of the eyes. I would think he or she is a mix though because of the ears. Dwarf hotots dont usually have black ears they are usually white.

About the second bunny, I am not sure. It is hard to say

Purebred dwarf hotots can also produce broken as well as Dutch marked offspring. I've gotten solids and brokens from Hotot crosses.

To make matters even more confusing, broken rabbits of any breed can produce offspring with hotot-like markings. I had a pure-bred broken black Holland Lop years ago that was colored like "Nibbelz".

So, Nibbelz's color in itself really can't tell us much about lineage.

Pam

Latest posts

Back