What kind of bunny am I??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thomas423

Reaction score
My fur is all white and my eyes are red.

Mom and Dad were medium sized.

285525_264513430225881_100000016793152_1144423_7667612_n.jpg

Need more info.
How old? How much does he/she weigh?
Do you have photos of the parents?

The parents were all white with red eyes. They were medium in size.

I do not know how old the baby is but she is about 1/4 the size of the parents. I figure that she is recently weened. I just got her tonight and I'm using a chick waterer until I can get to the store tomorrow. (for size reference if you are familar with the waterers).

She/he came from an Amish farm. They were in a large barn stall with 4 or 5 adults and about 10babies from 2 different hatches.

I tried finding a good breeder but saw a sign for bunnies today and went to look. They actually had a very nice set-up with a large cleanroom for the bunnies and the 4 young boys were very nice and helpful. I couldn't help myself once I looked into her little face.

I don't plan on breeding or showing. She's just going to be another member of the family. I'm just curious as to what breed she is.

Thanks

The head makes it look like some kind of dwarf...and I've some members of dwarf breeds get rather large when they're bred from parents that don't actually have the dwarf gene (makes them medium-sized if they're 2nd generation bred that way).

I'd probably just bet on it being a crossbred. I can't really think of any medium-sized breeds that are REW besides Florida Whites, and it doesn't look like one of them to me.

Florida whites start off kinda fuzzy like that as babies as do New Zealand. By medium breed do you mean like 5-7 lbs or 8-10 lbs. New Zealands are considered medium also and more likely what an Amish family would have as they raise them for meat.(In Iowa Amish Families also raise lionheads but I don't know why other than resale)

CCWelch wrote:
Florida whites start off kinda fuzzy like that as babies as do New Zealand. By medium breed do you mean like 5-7 lbs or 8-10 lbs. New Zealands are considered medium also and more likely what an Amish family would have as they raise them for meat.(In Iowa Amish Families also raise lionheads but I don't know why other than resale)

I looked at the NZ breeds and that is a possibilty. The boys told me that the females were slightly bigger than the males. I have no idea what they weighed but judging by pics, they were about the size of NZ. Maybe slightly smaller but not much. It would make sense for the Amish to raise them for meat but then also have sales to the public. It appeared that the boys (around 8 years old or so) were the ones raising and caring for the rabbits. They were very happy that someone found their farm by following the sign that they had out on the main road.

She/he has a sweet personality so far. She is settled into her new home and was eating treats out of my hand. We opened her cage and set up a small play area outside of it, but she is not ready for that yet. Maybe tomorrow.......

Latest posts

Back