what kind of bedding do you use?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We use wood pellet horse stall bedding, also known as ABM, in our buns' litterboxes.

If you mean all-over-the-cage bedding...well, my buns seem to create their own. They have perfectly wonderful pegboard flooring, but 4 out of my current 5 have created little hay meadows for themselves to lay on, which they've created directly on the main floor areas. :D

Aren't buns creative?

:biggrin2:

Edited to add: I also add a LOAD of hay on top of the wood pellets. :D

I only have bedding in the litterboxes. I use just enough CareFresh to cover the bottom, then I fill the rest with hay (I have horses, so PLENTY of hay around!)

Jessi

I use Megazorb in my buns' litter trays, about a 3/4 inch layer and then a big pile of hay one top. =)

It's super absorbant and really hides odour - I've not noticed a smell form the litter trays at all.

i use wood pellets litter in the litter trays. the indoor buns have a choiced of things to lie on, fleece and the hardboard flooring (sometimes newspaper too), the outdoor buns have newspaper and hay, and sometimes fleece.

well on the floor of the hutch Carpet and vetbed for Crystal as shes littertrained and woodshavings and hay in her litterbox

for misty's hutch newspaper with woodshavings sprinkled on top in teh process of litter training him lol and of course he has plenty of hay as well :D

I use Palace Pet bedding for the floors of Anna and Yofi's cages, and Magnum pelleted horse bedding for their litter boxes (though with Yofi, the litter box translates into: "Hey, let's see just how much of this stuff comes out of the box...that's much more funner...").

Back