What kind of a mix bun do you think Penny is?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirbyultra

Reaction score
Here's Penny. She's about2 years old, but I don't know what to say she is except "brownish" :? She's probably about 6-7 lbs. She has a light tan color right behind her ears, on her neck that you can see in the first pic.Any guesses?
DSC_0074.jpg

DSC_0048.jpg

DSC_0402.jpg

bunnybunbunb wrote:
She is steel, which makes me think a dutch mix, plus, the white nose and paw. How much does she weigh? She is very pretty!
I'm not sure about the steel though because of the brown. I'm not really familiar with the steel color though to know for sure how it molts or matures.

At any rate, I'd expect her to have some vienna in there too possibly because of the white paw.

I am very sure she is steel, really to dark to be plain chestnut. The reddish looks like bleaching. I said dutch because of the white and the coat type, but vienna is possible, odviously. I was just trying to take everything into account :)

OakRidgeRabbits wrote:
bunnybunbunb wrote:
She is steel, which makes me think a dutch mix, plus, the white nose and paw. How much does she weigh? She is very pretty!
I'm not sure about the steel though because of the brown. I'm not really familiar with the steel color though to know for sure how it molts or matures.

At any rate, I'd expect her to have some vienna in there too possibly because of the white paw.

Sorry, I'm not too savvy with the terms steel and vienna. Are those colors or breeds?

Some of the light brown fur on her body is rougher than the rest of her fur, but only on one side of her. The light brown on the left side of her body has the same texture as the rest of her fur. The light brown fur behind her ear is also nice and soft.

Steel is a color, and vienna is a marking pattern--kinda like Dutch.

Penny looks adorable and sassy!

tonyshuman wrote:
Steel is a color, and vienna is a marking pattern--kinda like Dutch.

Penny looks adorable and sassy!

Oh, I see. Thanks!

She might be sassy but she hasn't shown it yet. She's either still on her best behavior or she really is an angel! Penny's one of the most relaxed and easy going bunnies I've ever met. All she ever wants is to be fed and to be petted. Then she will shower you with kisses... it's unbelievable!:inlove:

Oh that is so sweet! It is so nice to have a loving bunny! It took Muffin over a year but she actually seeks out affection now. That last pic of Penny just looks like she's the queen of the place!

She doesn't know it yet but she's totally the queen of the place. Right now she's just supposed to "court" the King!

Even the name "Queen Penelope" seems to roll off the tongue :biggrin2:

:bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance:

Latest posts

Back