What is your opinion

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skyprincess67

Reaction score
We have two Holland lop does that we plan on getting spayed inthe next couple of months. They are only 11days apart in age. I was wondering what your opinion would be about getting them spayed at the same time or if they should be done separately with a few days or even weeks between spats??? Of course, once I pick a vet, I will ask them as well. Just wanted your opinions. Thanks. Also, if we do get them spayed at the same time, would you separate them after surgery during their recovery time (two weeks)?

Are they living together now? If so, I would have them done at the same time and ask they are kept in the same cage at the vet. It will make it less stressful for them to get comfort from their mate. They will both be sore so I wouldn't split them after either. They should do everything together so their bond does not break.

If they are not living together now then it really doesn't matter.

My girls are litter mates and lived together until January-ish when one sister and their husbun decided to be huge jerks to the other girl. I got them spayed at the same time. It was nice because they went in together, I didn't have to worry about them healing at different times, etc.

:yeahthat: If you can afford it, I'd do them at the same time. We had Bonnie and Bambi done together as they came to us the same day. Bambi from a shelter and Bonnie on the front lawn when I came home from the vet with Bambi for a well check.

Latest posts

Back