What is this sound?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lonehowl

Reaction score
Ok, so I posted in the introductions sectionabout my Bun Bun and my foster Delilah. Well, I'm wondering, every timeI give Delilah a carrot or a treat she makes this grunting/growlingsound and then grabs it from me. She also made this sound when she wentup to Bun Bun's cage and was sniffing him. What does it mean when theymake this sound?

Melissa

I would love to know the answer to thistoo. Tabitha use to make the same sound when i would feed herwhen we first got her. Now she doesn't do it and also sheisn't so frantic about her food.

I thought maybe she hadn't been feed regularly before i got her and shewas so hungry that she was gorging herself on food until she realisedshe was going to get fed on a daily basis.

Now she is very relaxed when she eats and no longer makes that grunting sound.

My Flower has done this as well, most of thetime will do it when she feels I've messed with her hayenough. (Like, I'll put a big load into her litterbox on theday in between cleanings, and if I move it around too much, she'llgrunt at me.)

To my understanding, it's something along the lines of"MINE!" Flower's only other time doing this is when we haveto scoot her into a carrier to take her somewhere (or to adjust hercage, or some such).

Sounds like your babies are SERIOUS about their food!! :D

One of my fosters, Mocha, does this when I feedher. It is a MINE sort of thing from whatI can tell. Sheswarning me and her sister that this is her food and we better not messwith her :D

Grunting is normal with bunnies. Its always funny to hear this ugly sound coming from such a sweet little animal.

Too true...I always find my jaw dropping whenFlower does this. She's so sugary sweet otherwise!:shock: :D

Goofy bunnies!! :D

Haley wrote:
Grunting is normal withbunnies. Its always funny to hear this ugly sound coming from such asweet little animal.

Thanks guys. I kinda figured it was a MINE kindasound, considering she does it when I offer her something she reallylikes then grabs it from me and high tails it back to her cage as fastas she can to eat it. I often wonder what will happen ifoneof these times she accidentally gets my finger instead ofwhatI am offering. :?

Melissa

Back