What is the temprament of the mini and dwarf lop.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flopsyrabbit

Reaction score
Hi guys I am planning to get a dwarf lop or mini lop but I haven't heard that much about them if you can, can you please tell me what they are like.

Every one is different. It may take a little longer with a Dwarf to trust you as they are so small, but with handling and persistence most will become affectionate.

Hi,
We have two mini lop x cashmeres and they have the most stunning temperament. They are both girls and have been handled since they were born. Another rabbit I had who has left us now was a female mini lop x dwarf lop and she was stunning but she scratched and bite. Every rabbit is different, you'll just have to find somebody that has handled them since they were born. Also, when you buy the rabbit, stay with it before you make any final decisions to see the temperament.

There is a rumour that boys are more tame than girls but I have found this not to be true. If handled daily, girls and boys are the same. A downside with boys is that they can spray urine, so if you don't want this to happen, desexing will stop it.

I hope this helps !

My friends mini lop was almost not socialized at all and he still ended up the most friendly rabbit I have ever seen! I think dwarf lops are supposed to be less friendly then mini lops though..

Latest posts

Back