What is the Commercial class?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amelia1star

Reaction score
What is the commercial class? What does it mean? And what breeds of rabbits would do best in this class? I know the other classes like fancy and pet and the wool/fur type class, but I don't know what this one is?! I'm new to showing and I've only gone twice... Also, when I go to local ARBA shows where can you get the sign up sheets? (I think that's what there called) thanks so much for your help!!! All showing information is much appreciated! :)

I don't know exactly what the class is but a commercial rabbit would be a dual type use rabbit such as the Californian or new Zealand. They also have a commercial type body style.

As far as the sheets when you go to the show If it isn't an early entry one then they should have them where you check in. My mother and I took a couple extras and just copied some blank ones to use for future shows

If you do a search on this forum for rabbit shows there should be lots of info to find there.

Perhaps just Commerical body type?
On the ARBA posing page they list "French Angora, Giant Angora, Satin Angora, Blanc de Hotot, Champagne d’Argent, Californian (pictured), Cinnamon, American Chinchilla, Creme d’Argent, French Lop, Harlequin, New Zealand, Palomino, Rex, American Sable, Satin, Silver Fox, and Silver Marten" as Commercial types when describing how to post those rabbits.
https://www.arba.net/PDFs/PosingSpring2014.pdf

http://mosaicrabbitry.weebly.com/rabbits-by-body-type.html

Commercial class is a nickname for the class six breeds (in my area) but it is used for classes in which rabbits compete based on how much meat or the usefulness of the fur (pelt usage is also important in the meat class.) though fur class is typically used for classes only evaluating the fur. Commercial classes include the single fryers, roasters, pens of three, etc.

Latest posts

Back