what is the best way to arrange you NIC cages?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ebunnbunne

Reaction score
suggestions? pictures welcome!

i just have a big square but the top has trouble staying on.

Here is our setup with three cages.

When the boys (Drew & Dusty) get here, we'll try bonding all five, and adjoin cages according to who bonds. :)

000_0011.jpg

omgosh i must be a neat freak cuz just lookingat that pictures of the 3 cages makes me wanna go clean mine. hehe ;) Itry to let it go cuz i know it's not bad for them but i find myselfcleaning there cage of poop during the day. I even have a small shopvac just for the cages. When i sweap my livingroom i edge around thecage and sweep up it for all the hairs. please don't take this thewrong way cuz i think your awsome i just had to say it cuz i wonder ifim the only this bad. my bunnys are used to the shopvac i use it whenthey are in the cage :?

edit to say that i even have a swifter that i modified and i wrap a wet towel on to clean the corners

Hehe...here's an explanation:

A few things have changed since those pics were taken. Infact, I'll take more pics of their cages today to show you thedifferences. :)

Until then...

Most of the hair you see is stuck between the wire mesh and the cagebars, where I can't reach it (I've been asking my hubby to handle itfor a bit now).

As far as the messiness in the cages, you probably mean Maisie'smostly. She really loves the shreddies, and feels much morecomfortable in them than with a bare floor. Once she's spayedand healed, that might change, but I'm not sure. Honestly, ifshe's more comfy, I don't mind. Also, she creates a meadowfor herself on the top level, and loves it so much, I just leave it,too. She's very well litter-trained, so no poopies in thehay, but I check every other day just in case. Sometimes Isweep everything up and let her start over, but most times I leave it,because it makes her happy.

Another interesting tidbit...Trixie no longer has all those shreddiesin the bottom floor of her cage (note the date on the pic). Ilooked at that pic, and then realized that as I had been cleaning thebottom litterbox, there had always been a good pile of shreddies on topof the hay and litter. I think she had been graduallycleaning it out herself, putting the shreddies on the litter so I wouldthrow them away gradually. Hehe!!

Flower's cage is quite spotless, all by herself...here's a pic of her cage:
000_0012.jpg

And another view of the cages:
000_0015.jpg

Hehe!!! Maisie gets really nervous andantsy whenever her bottom floor is all clean and tidy...she's much morerelaxed when she has her space how she likes it.

Here are some updated pictures (without cleaning, except to remove a bit of fur I found in Trixie's cage):

Flower's top floor:
000_1599.jpg

Her second level:
000_1600.jpg

Righthand side of her bottom floor:
000_1602.jpg

Lefthand side of her bottom floor:
000_1603.jpg

Trixie's top floor:
000_1606.jpg

Trixie's bottom floor:
000_1605.jpg

Maisie's beautiful meadow (which she's really proud of, hehe...you can see the space in it where she sleeps, hehe):
000_1608.jpg

And her extended meadow on her middle level (Oh my! I have totrim her nails! Can't see that outside of pictures...howfunny!):
000_1609.jpg

There ya go! Not too bad, considering all I did was remove alittle bit of fur I found in Trixie's cage (from petting her lastnight). These are literally unchanged scenes. :)

I LOVE how u have the food bowls thats a awsomeidea, snoopy likes to move his bowl around it drives me nuts he alsoloves to dig in it why i don't know. None of them are big chewerseither.

Hehe...thanks! I got tired of thegirls shooshing it over to the edge and then letting it drop and dumponto the next level down. Full food bowls, even!:grumpy

So, I asked my husband (the electrical genius) if there was anything hecould think of that would be a good holder that would preventshooshing, and that was what he thought of! About $2 at HomeDepot (or the likes)...just take out the screws, and they're theperfect solution! :D

BTW...I literally made it a point not to alter the pictures....even tothe point where I didn't fill their food bowls. Not tomention, I fill them at night before going to bed (because that's whenthey're most active), and since I don't like to change their schedulemuch, it was a better idea not to fill them right now. Theydon't starve, I promise!! :D

You can also see where Maisie shoosheled some food out of herbowl. I don't know what her kick is with thatlately. I'm considering putting her food bowl up a little, soshe can't do that.

i know snoopy does that same thing so i bought ahanging bowl and i came out the next morning and there was food on thefloor outside the cage so thats not going to work. they just like todig in it. i did make get a box and put newspaper in it so they canplay in it but snoopy and chloe aren't active during the day they eatand play at night. I fill the food bowls at night when i notice themmoving around. I can't even get them to come out of the cage anymorehave u had that problem?

but i do let them get messy from time to time.
100_6117.jpg

Actually, I had that problem with Maisie for about a year. She just wouldn't come out...period.

I finally got a little play tunnel (the kind you buy for cats, I thinkit's vinyl and it twists to condensce), and she came out and had aBLAST! :)

Also, I think my finally just letting her space be her own made her more comfortable with her environment in general.

The other two have their days, too, though...where they just don't feel like coming out and having fun. :)

I think it just depends on their mood that day, really. :)

Shugar had a day like that today! grumpy and wouldn't cuddle!!!!!!!! oh well i'll try again later!

Latest posts

Back