What is she?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunnyLove♥

Reaction score
I have a bunny that I'm told is half new zealand, a quarter angora, and a quarter californian. I don't really care what she is, I'm just curious and interested to see how big and how fluffy she'll get. The angora bit is the only one I full heatedly agree with, but I'd also like to know what kind of angora she might be.

This is a picture of her parents

momanddad.png

On the left is her dad, he's suppose to be half angora and half californian. I held him and I'd guess compared to my other rabbit him to be about 8ish pounds.
On the right is her mom, who is supposedly a pure bread new zealand. I think she might of been 6 or 7 pounds, but I may be way off.

TAllliii.png

This is the bunny in question.

Any insights would be appreciated. :)

She sure does look like she has some angora in her. Other people will know better then me lol. I just wanna say though that the buck is one of the most stricking and beautiful rabbits I have ever seen. Just lovely. Anyone agree with me?

i have no clue how those two bunnies made your cute little bunny lol. I also agree that the dad is very pretty. Like a broken harlequin haha. But the mom i highly doubt as a new zealand. NZs are pure white with red eyes but they can also come in black broken and red.

A agree the baby has angora in it. Very cutee!

Looking at the fur, there is either some Angora or just a lot of static cling. Also can see a little Californian. Without a pedigree on both or a crystal ball it's really hard to say what all is in the mix. Parents are both good looking but hard to believe that they are related.

Ok I doubt dad(pictured) is Angora, Cali I think someone fed you a line of bull with that picture, I would expect the dad to have longer fur, he is definitely striking!!
As for mom if that is mom, it might be a New Zealand Mix, New Zealands are White, Black, Red, Broken Red or Broken black, not a diluted color like the picture shows.
Whatever the truth is, you have a beautiful part angora bunny.

Yeah, I don't think the parents are the breeds you were told (if they are indeed the real parents). New Zealands DO come in blue, but she looks like she's either chinchilla, squirrel or even champagne. Either way, she's also too snippy (narrow) to be any kind of decent New Zealand. And the Dad's fur is WAY too short to be an Angora cross. I could see maybe the mom being part angora...

Either way, your bun is cute.

If I had to guess WHICH angora she most resembles, I'd say French Angora, since she doesn't have face or ear wool.

I'm positive those are the right parents, I picked her up from their farm and all of their other buns were show rabbits and all lops. I agree her dad is just gorgeous. My girl has gotten even fluffier than she was there and more so every day. :) It's funny half the litter had short hair like the parents and the other half were super fluffy. They were all chinchilla or white though. I love her to bits whatever she is. :)

the mom could be a purebred NZ.... when you breed a white to a red or black to a white, you get funny colors, like chestnut and steels

Latest posts

Back