What is 'Mana'?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunnyMommy

Reaction score
I took this explanation directly from the company website:

3.2. What is Mana?

WowBB uses an advanced iterative algorithm to determine the mostrespected users. A user "adds mana" to other users she respects, andthe more mana she has, the more the increase in recipients' manas. Auser can also change her mind, and remove mana from someone to whom sheadded mana before. However, the more members a member adds mana to, theless the effect of those mana additions.

For example, let's assume that your mana is 3 out of 4. If you want toadd mana to someone then you basically add him/her 3 points divided bythe number of members to whom you added mana before. If you added manato one member before, the amount of mana you would add is 3/(1+1)=1.5points. This is a dynamic process. Whenever someone adds or removesmana, the manas of all members are calculated from scratch.

Finally, mana takes the normal distribution rule into account, and it gets increasingly accurate as you get more members.

Source:http://www.wowbb.com/faq.php#3.2

Hope this helps! :)

I should add that Mana isn't alwaysaccurate and that we are able to do a search as to who is giving whomMana. Sometimes it causes more trouble than it's worth, Ithink.

-Carolyn

I agree they should dump it. Ithink it's unfair to people to be honest with you. It's likegetting graded. It's written into the software though, so itwon't be dropped.

Just don't bother paying attention to it. Everyone here isastute at picking up on trolls and their personalities.

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back