What is/ are Your Dream Bunny Breed(s)?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would just love a continental giant...what awesome bunnies they are:D

And i just love this guy
Brunooo.jpg
he's gorgeous

Cheryl

I have a lot of bunnies on my "wish list", so it's a good thing I'm young and planning on having buns forever! I really want to have a Flemish Giant, a true Netherland Dwarf (Cinnabun was one sorta) and a mini rex. I am intent on having those breeds at some point. I would also really like to have a fuzzy lop, a Holland Lop that looks like my girl Macey, and maybe even a lionhead even though my boyfriend doesn't think they're that cute. For the Flemish Giant, I don't have any particular color in mind, but I imagine having a boy and naming him Thlayli. For the Netherland Dwarf, I would die for one with marten or otter markings... like my Cinny. He or she shall be called Binny! But other markings of Dwarfs would be just fine too, I think they're all cute. For the mini rex... I like the black ones, white ones, blue ones and that pretty grayish brown color best, but I don't necessarily have a color in mind. I thought I wasn't as wild about mini rexes with spots for some reason, but a couple months ago there was a bun at the local shelter, mini rex white with black spots, and I would have snatched him up if I could. I don't have anything in mind for the fuzzy lop and for lionheads, I like REW, white with spots and otter markings best. Like Kellyjade's Sophie.

Bunnies are the best!

I'd like more Standard Rex in every colour. I'd also love to start up English Spots again. Then Belgian Hares and Tans would be my first picks for new breeds. And maybe one blue Dutch, because my first rabbit was a blue Dutch and she was lovely!

Fuzzy Lop, of course - the best breed there is :p

I'd quite like a little Jamora sometime too as they're so so very sweet looking but the GF says 2 are more than enough

Blanc. De. Hotot. Number one, lol. Followed closely by a Dwarf Hotot.

:D

A Mini-Rex. I like the chinchilla Mini-Rexes.

Harlequin. I like the Japanese ones but the magpies are also just as pretty.

Um....Thrianta, love those little buns.

I really like Palominos.

Champagne D'argent, and Creme D'argent.

Rhinelander.

Belgian Hare. Actually, I'd love a Belgian Hare. They remind me of doggy-greyhounds.

English Spots, show-quality. In that golden color, don't remember what it's called.

Erm, I really like the longhaired breeds but I wouldn't want to deal with all that fur. We have an Angora at the rescue, not sure I could put up with that, lol. But I like Jersey Woolies a lot.

Erik is a ND, non-showable of course, but I do like him. He's got a good little personality, not really snuggly but obviously very attached to me.

I really like well-marked Dutch. I like all Dutch though. Um....If I had to pick a Dutch, I remember seeing a picture of an orange Dutch (at least that's what they called the color). Apparently it's non-showable but it exists. At any rate, it was a beautiful little bunny. So either a tort, yellow, orange, or a Harlie Dutch. One of those.

I also like blue-eyed white NDs.

I love the diversity of responses! I'm learning more about existing breeds and colorations/ patterns, too. Bonus!

If I had to make a guess,I'd say that, thus far, the Flemish Giant is the #1 (dream) breed of choice. Granted, I've seen a good number of votes for the Netherland Dwarf, Dutch, Rex (mini and standard) and the Continental Giant.

Jenk

JadeIcing wrote:
CREEPY!

I was going to make a similar thread. My dream list would be...

Another Flemish Giant (Well two max at a time. A Black Doe A White Doe or Fawn Doe. If I got a steel it would have to be buck.)

More Netherleand Dwarfs (No Max on this one. My fave breed!)

Another Polish. (Connor is black with brown eyes. So I would like a white with blue eyes)

Jersey (Though one specific I would love. My sweet Chubbs.)

A few more Holland lops ( A tort, Black, and a white with blue eyes.)

Lionhead ( REW, BEW, Tort, Broken Black and Broken Blue)

Dutch- (Harlequin, Very light Tort almost golden, and black.)

Mini Rex (Black)

LionLop (I would love any color broken)

American Fuzzy Lop ( I would love to have Gobo.)

English Lop (One like Raph)

Dwarf Hotot

I got one of those! Hehe!

I'd love to get into most or all recognized varieties of the Holland Lop eventually. The only other breeds I'd serously consider raising are Woolies or Dwarfs, I think.

I'd love a Frenchie pet one day though.

When I first started this list, I was biased toward the Mini Rex (still am). But now that we share our lives with a Cali boy, I'm biased toward this breed, as well. (Ironically, I see that I originally had the Californian on my dream-breed list. I guess that I should consider having our boy as a dream-come-true. :D)

Jenk

I really want a lionhead and an american fuzzy lop. They're just so... poofy. I'd want just a little lionhead if I did get one, I've seen some giant ones out there that look a bit funny. I like the teeny ones with the small ears and the floof around their head. So cute. I saw a fuzzy lop at the local SPCA and went to go and look at it and it was adorable. So fluffy with a flat wide face. I almost thought of kidnapping him and running away.

I don't think Briar or Quinn would be very impressed with me if I brought a new rabbit home. So, maybe some day in the future!

One day I would love to have a French Lop. I think the are such Beautiful Big Bunnies.

I'd also love to have a Bunny just like Dottie, I can't remeber her breed right at the moment.

Susan :)

SOOOSKA wrote:
One day I would love to have a French Lop. I think the are such Beautiful Big Bunnies.

I'd also love to have a Bunny just like Dottie, I can't remeber her breed right at the moment.

Susan :)
Dotty is a Giant Papillon on this side of the pond, or a Checkered Giant on your side of the pond!

I would also love to have a French Lop too. I love lops, and the way they hop/run, and I just think and a big lop would be amazing! I think they're beautiful too :D

I'd also LOVE to have a mini-rex. I held my first one the other day and I was in love. I nearly ran out the door with her. A young REW girl. She was BEAUTIFUL!

I'd also love a Continental Giant, a Netherland Dwarf, and since this is a 'dream' thread a Standard Rex too! :biggrin2:

I would go for more angoras. I prefer Giants, but others are ok. The fluffier the better.
A Flemish Giant (or other giant breed) would be cool.
Lionheads are great.
Basically anything with fluff or is big.

I have had my dream breeds- Flemmie and LionHead. Now I just have to get a Netherland Dwarf (if I can ever find one I really, really like) OR maybe I'll just take Chibi. LOL

Back