What if...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SilverBirchRabbitry

Reaction score
What if you had to get rid of all your bunnies except for one, which bunny would you keep and why. I will go first

Out of my 21 rabbits, I would have to keep my Jersey Woolie buck, Biscotti. I got him at an auction June 2nd 2009. Most rabbits at auctions for for $2 if they are just pets. So I was like alright I will bid on him, well some other lady really wanted him aswell. I bidded $17 dollars and she finally gave up. As soon as I won him I went and payed andwalked around with him. He was only 8-9 weeks when I got him. Anyways as I was carrying him around he gave me kisses and he was just so cuddely, it was like he was saying thank you for saving me lol Anyways so I went and picked him some dandelion leaves and he ate them right out of my hand, he was just the sweetest little guy. It was pretty hot out and on the way back we stopped at Tim Hortons so I asked for a cup of ice cubes, I took one out of the cup and he licked it until there was nothing left, what can I say he loves icecubes lol

I had him living in my room until he started keeping me up at night, he would sit at the side of his cage and chew the bars until I would let him out :p I couldn't even sleep in my own room anymore, so he had free roam until I got sick of sleeping on the couch lol So now he is in the barn, everytime I come in he has his paws on the side of the cage and thumps until I let him run around or hold him. He just loves to cuddle :)

But I would never ever be able to get rid of him :) He is my baby boy!

But post which bunny you couldn't get rid of and why!

Out of my 16 I would keep my Sky. My Sky boy is my super boy. He is the closest thing I have to Flash.

Having said that I could give you justified reasons for keeping all of them if I had to only keep one.

Out of my 18 (counting the new babies who shouldn't have been born! haha) I would have to keep Magic. He was my first rabbit and so he's my heart-bunny.
I just wouldn't be able to get rid of him.

Emily

I only have two and I honestly couldn't choose. They're so different but I love them both so much!

SilverBirchRabbitry wrote:
Sky is adorable :) I love Hope though. She is adorable :)
Hope is a funny little bod. I would keep Hope because he is my sympbol for hope and keeping fighting. He was the smallest baby in their litter and yte he still survived.

My reason for keeping Badger is that he is my puppy bun and follws me around and is such a love bug.

My reason for keeping Star is that he is very much like Sky and loves to be with me. I'm his security blanket. He loves to sit on my shoulder.

My reason for keepng Sandy is that I am forever indebted to her because of everything she gave to me.

My reason for keepng Dawn is that he is my licky friend and loves to sit and lick me and is such a pleasure filled rabbit.

My reason for keeping Sunny is that she too is a licky friend. She is also incredibly bright and I think with lots of time I could teach her things.

My reason for keepng Candyfloss is that not many would understand her like I do and accept her for who she is, quirks and all.

My reason for keeping Dusk would be is that he is a repeated dental bunny and I know him well enough to know what he needs at any given time.

My reason for keeping Cloud is that anyone else would rehome him because he's pretty aggressive, he may even be PTS. He's happy here and that's worth so much to me.

The Dopeys come together as a pair, I would keep them because they are hilairous little joy bringers. They too are also dental bunnies.

I would keep Tilly because I can give her what she needs and can give it better than almost anyone in this area.

I would keep Roger because he is so nervy it takes so long for him to build basic trust and he has that with me. I think he could be happy with me, especially as a house bun.

I would keep Angel because he is my reminder of Flash, and he is intact and eventually he could give me wonderful Flash great-grandkids and Sky grandkids. He's also very affectionate and craves attention.

I would keep Lightning because he would produce lots of baby Sky's and he is one of the most perky rabbits we have and has a bit of a sense of humour too.

There, I think that's all of them :D

I would hate to have to give any of my bunnies up, I love them all for different reasons, but if I had to choose, I would keep Princess. She is defo my heart bunny, she comes running anytime I come into the shed, she plays catch and never stops with the bunny kisses! She could sit with me for hours just ''grooming'' me.

Flashy wrote
Hope is a funny little bod. I would keep Hope because he is my sympbol for hope and keeping fighting. He was the smallest baby in their litter and yte he still survived.

My reason for keeping Badger is that he is my puppy bun and follws me around and is such a love bug.

My reason for keeping Star is that he is very much like Sky and loves to be with me. I'm his security blanket. He loves to sit on my shoulder.

My reason for keepng Sandy is that I am forever indebted to her because of everything she gave to me.

My reason for keepng Dawn is that he is my licky friend and loves to sit and lick me and is such a pleasure filled rabbit.

My reason for keeping Sunny is that she too is a licky friend. She is also incredibly bright and I think with lots of time I could teach her things.

My reason for keepng Candyfloss is that not many would understand her like I do and accept her for who she is, quirks and all.

My reason for keeping Dusk would be is that he is a repeated dental bunny and I know him well enough to know what he needs at any given time.

My reason for keeping Cloud is that anyone else would rehome him because he's pretty aggressive, he may even be PTS. He's happy here and that's worth so much to me.

The Dopeys come together as a pair, I would keep them because they are hilairous little joy bringers. They too are also dental bunnies.

I would keep Tilly because I can give her what she needs and can give it better than almost anyone in this area.

I would keep Roger because he is so nervy it takes so long for him to build basic trust and he has that with me. I think he could be happy with me, especially as a house bun.

I would keep Angel because he is my reminder of Flash, and he is intact and eventually he could give me wonderful Flash great-grandkids and Sky grandkids. He's also very affectionate and craves attention.

I would keep Lightning because he would produce lots of baby Sky's and he is one of the most perky rabbits we have and has a bit of a sense of humour too.

There, I think that's all of them :D
:D LOL! I guess that means they all would stay, Tracy :D

Jan

This is hard my heart bun is Connor but other bunnies need me more. I will have to answer this when I have more time.

I only have one bunny, so I guess my choice isn't hard. :D
But then, I have only just started. Ask me this question in about a year when I have obtained another bun or two. :D

Having been person who had to rehome rabbits in the past due to life being unsteady/things out of my control....I don't think I could rehome any of my current 3 boys, even if I had to. I would do anything I had to do to make sure they stayed with me.

If space was an issue, I'd suck it up and buy large pet store cages and stack them.
If I didn't have a lot of money for their Oxbow, I'd suck it up and buy cheapo pellets from the grain store.
etc, etc, etc.

I love my boys.

I only have two of my own and couldn't possibly give up either one. I could place the fosters with other homes if I absolutely had to.

Nick and Amelia.....There's no way those two could ever be seperated, and no way I could ever give either of them up. They are inseperable, never away from the other's side for more than a few minutes, so I'm counting them as one :p. They were my first bunnies, and have broughtmore joy to my life than I ever thoughtpossible.

Ben is new to my household, and I'm not totally attached to him yet, though I've already decided to keep him. (We have the option to trade him for a different male if he and Tobi don't end up bonding, but I don't really see him as a commodity to be traded.)

Tobi and I don't get along too well.

I could never get rid of any of my bunnies. But if Harley had to go I know exactly where he'd go, with Floppy following him! ((Tracy!!!)) :p

I'd have to keep... Lucy... Oh wait... I only have her!
Either way I'd always keep her.

Interesting! It is hard to pick just one, but if you breed bunnies it seems easier, JMO. I love all my bunnies to pieces but Biscotti would be my keeper :)
My recent experience with Animal Control being called on me....showed me that I will do whatever I can to keep ALL of my bunnies - even if I was a breeder. At this point in time - I don't think I could let any of them go....

However - if we had a fire or something going on...the first one I would grab is Zeus...hands down. He sleeps with me and lives in my bedroom. Once he was secure though...I'd be running back in as much as I could to save everyone else.

TinysMom wrote:
Interesting! It is hard to pick just one, but if you breed bunnies it seems easier, JMO. I love all my bunnies to pieces but Biscotti would be my keeper :)
My recent experience with Animal Control being called on me....showed me that I will do whatever I can to keep ALL of my bunnies - even if I was a breeder. At this point in time - I don't think I could let any of them go....

However - if we had a fire or something going on...the first one I would grab is Zeus...hands down. He sleeps with me and lives in my bedroom. Once he was secure though...I'd be running back in as much as I could to save everyone else.

Well if someone were to call the Animal Control on me then yes I would fight for every single one of my rabbits, even though I honestly don't think I'm doing anything wrong lol

I may have a couple snotty rabbits but I love them all to pieces, they all have their own individual personalities :) That is what I love about em'.

But what I meant is if it came down to something like money issues or personal issues or some other terrible occurrence, then I would keep my little Biscotti, he is my love bun :D

Zeus is a cute bunny, as are all bunnies :) I thought your Sport was adorable :biggrin2:

I had this all typed out and the cat stepped on the power button on the computer, she is such a little bugger lol

Saudade wrote:
I'd have to keep... Lucy... Oh wait... I only have her!
Either way I'd always keep her.
Such a big decision! lol Someone has 2 show quality 8 week old Dutch does for sale down here, so I'm considering buying one :)

Nick and Amelia.....There's no way those two could ever be seperated, and no way I could ever give either of them up. They are inseperable, never away from the other's side for more than a few minutes, so I'm counting them as one :p. They were my first bunnies, and have broughtmore joy to my life than I ever thoughtpossible.

Ben is new to my household, and I'm not totally attached to him yet, though I've already decided to keep him. (We have the option to trade him for a different male if he and Tobi don't end up bonding, but I don't really see him as a commodity to be traded.)

Tobi and I don't get along too well.

lol I can totally see why you cannot get rid of Nick and Amelia :) They are adorable, my first bunny died, he was a Flemmie named Thumper :) very original name lol

Latest posts

Back