What I learned today...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The-Family-O

Reaction score
Today, I got my new and last bun for awhile, Zoe. he had his teeth clipped and then we went to Petsmart quick for hay.

This is what I learned about me and hay today:

Grass hay is minimal allergy symptoms. Not enough to make me too uncomfortable or really need my meds.

Timothy on the other hand makes me break out like whoa and I feel like I have asthma.

I'm afraid to buy other hays to sample with the buns now.

Needless to say, if claritin or zyrtek doesn't work, I will have to quite possibly live in a bubble, that way I can still keep my buns. And they can occasionally join me in the bubble if they so choose to.

Somehow I survived on a horse farm for a good majority of my life, where we would get truck loads of the stuff.... I do however remember there being gloves, long sleeves, pants and a mask involved in that equation.....

Never-the-less, the timothy hay will not sway my decision. the buns stay, and I will just have to live all hopped up on allergy meds :p:biggrin2::bunnydance:

i has the same reac tion to Kaytee hay, i would wheeze like i had asthma, sneeze like a maniac, and break out on hives all over my hand, it was horrible i dont have that reaction with Oxbow hay or with the local hay i get, maybe you can try a different brand of hay and see if one bothers you more or less then the other. there are also people who cant really tolerate timothy hay but are ok with other types of hay, like bermuda or orchard

Well, oddly enough I bought the kaytee hay, so I am taking it back this afternoon...

Thank you!!!

Latest posts

Back