What have your buns destroyed lately?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pipkin snapped my sister's computer speaker wires (when he escaped his playpen)
Got a hold on my computer microphone (broken)
Also got ahold of my brother's headset (broken)
He is in the process of destroying our carpet

I guess he is into computers? :pullhair:

Wow reading all these lists, my two little hellions seem positively harmless by comparison! They've managed to get at much of my wall skirting, chewed up a couple of cords, peed all over my carpet and our old couch (since replaced and now strictly anti-bunny!) and of course regularly muss up their cage in frustration that playtime is over, but that's about the extent of it.

But I do often feel like a cantankerous, crotchety old lady when I spend my day screeching at my bunnies, "No running in the house!"/"Will you guys quit banging around?!"/"Get that out of your mouth right now!"/"That's not for eating!"/"Stop knocking things over!"/"You better keep your grubby paws away from that!"

And of course, boyfriend's forever going, "I'LL KICK YOUR FURRY BUTT YOU LITTLE PUNK"

HAHAA I laughed when I read the messing up their cage in frustration because Pipkin does the same thing. I have a pretty secure playpen for him and I'm nearly always in the same room with him, so I generally give him free rome (in his play pen) from the time I wake up to the time I go to bed, and when I put him away too early, I come back the next day with a beautiful cage that I get to clean with his litterbox upside down and his hay spread out all over the floor and his food bowl sideways :pullhair:

Bandit's most recent accomplishment is our washing machine. The cord is usually kept well out of reach, but it must have gotten knocked or something and fallen to where he could reach it. Now the power cord for it is no more. :(

Enki decided to pee on an irreplaceable book. Luckily being a purebred ND he is too small to tear up blankets or furniture in his digging and chewing. Most cords are too thick for him too.

Shoe laces, carpet, iPhone case, guitar, shoes, my bed sheets, my blanket, my pillows.. Wallace pees on my bed, pillows, carpets and blankets... He poops everywhere too...

image.jpg

Ha ha so many naughty bunny stories, I thought it was just us!!! Our have free rein over the flat when someone is home to date they have munched:

Hallway skirting boards/doorframes
Bath matt x2
Toilet brush
Keyboard power lead
Phone chargers (lost count)
Kindle tablet/iPad power leads
Pillows/cushions
Fridge
Litter trays - numerous
House phones (maybe 4 or 5)
Mac book chargers -2 costing me £120
IMac power lead
Also Joshua's laptop charger
Books
Remote buttons
Table & Chair legs
Fish tank filter
Curtains
Sky TV cables
And invoices - usually important ones

Can't think of any more but there probably is. Strangest thing they've eaten a bag of rice and 1/2 pack o digestive biscuits!!! I wouldn't mind but they have pretty much every toy a bunny could wish for. Cheeky little buns :)

Recently, my pet room couch and some nibbling on my wife's purse. My wife will eventually learn to stow stuff away from inquisitive buns...

Sent from my iPhone using Rabbit Forum

I try to keep a real close eye on Chuchu, but he's slick and waits for that one moment i'm in the bathroom or something! He's not allowed in the bedrooms because he has a carpet fetish! He will scratch the carpet, eat the carpet, roll in the carpet and just tear it up! Before he was banned he managed to chew my sons Wii U charger, and got a hold of the freggin closet door (i'm still shocked at the damage!).

If he wants out of his cage, he will literally bite and shake it.. hop all over the place, knock over his water bowl and his food bowl and give me "the stare".

Lol i love my bunny

You can add to my list our brand new carpet, chewed in the doorway because I wouldn't let him in the living room. Naughty bunny!!!

I don't have a bunny yet but my dog is almost as bad! She's chewed:

Laptop power cord
Laptop headset
Bras
A work shirt
Shoes, all the time
Tennis balls
Her harness x2

At least when I get one I'll be used to it lol

They're at complete war with my pet room couch. I mean months of paying it no mind at all and then bam, utter rabbit destruction. They 're winning the battles but i'm still fighting.

Yesterday I forgot to put the remote control up while I took a shower, and Sugar chewed off most of the buttons. He also just went through his fourth cell phone charger that I own (he's also eaten two of my mothers'), and part of my college biology textbook (bye-bye, refund).

Altogether he's gone through:

Six cell phone chargers
A television cord
Countless book covers
A cowboy hat
A pair of pants
The cat tree
A plastic hay feeder
The remote (he'd removed a couple buttons earlier, and yesterday they were almost all gone)
Biology textbook
Numerous decorative wicker baskets
A pair of VERY expensive boots that I custom-ordered online
A broom
An entire box of Pocky (yes, he was eating it...I had to pry it out of his mouth. He steals donuts, too).
And several rolls of linoleum that I tried to use on the bottom of his x-pen.

Most of this destruction occurred before he was neutered, but he still has his moments. He also eats cat food if given half the chance, and I have seen him push the cats aside to get at this sweet, sweet forbidden ambrosia. I tried putting the bowls on top of the dining room table, but he figured out how to jump onto it, so now they go on the china cabinet during his free time.

I am SO glad that I do not have the only rabbit to eat cat food or dog food. She's actually been favoring the dog food lately. But has also been known to push the cats aside to get the kibbles.

I was laughing so much as I finished reading this. However much you try and stop them, they will ALWAYS find a way. I was laughing thinking of Houdini and Snowy still managing to get under the glass cabinet to chew the wood underneath. I´ve put stuff round it, put a cardboard box under it to keep them out but they still manage to wriggle under and then when I hear them and should their names, they slink out of there as though butter wouldn´t melt in their mouth. My list is endless:

-Telephone charger cords, I have lost count but must be at least 8 or 9. They are opportunists and the last one was slightly hanging down and now Houdini can jump up to pull it.
- telephone connection cable. They chewed through at least 4. I bought a cordless phone and put it in the bedroom. End of story.
- remote buttons, several missing off a couple of the remotes.
- my laptop charger now has more insulating tape on it than wire.
- tablet charger, that was on the first day I had it
- tv cable, wondered why it kept flickering and then died. Surprised Snowy didn´t electrocute himself. I am now an expert on repairing cables, I suppose in some odd way, I should thank them. Also destroyed one of the scart cables.
- outlet tube of the portable aircon has holes in it.
- my two wooden storage boxes have nice new chew patterns on them.
- tv unit chewed on the corners.
- Houdini´s litter tray surround is disappearing daily and his cage has teeth marks all round the edges.
- 3 seater leather sofa has several holes on the back, good job it´s against the wall.
- wall has several chew spots. the best one is Bandy which is just to the right of the door and looks like the logo of the UK National Lottery. I have an artistic genius lol.
- I noticed the other day that the curtain now has holes in it. I was congratulating myself a couple of weeks ago that they were intact but obviously, I spoke too soon.
- my sofa cushion covers are full of holes, I tell people it´s the new fashion.
- my small side table has some teeth marks and bits of wood missing.
- tv aerial cable also has parts of the plastic covering missing.
- holes in several t-shirts and sweat pants.

My funniest story about chewing. I bought a standard lamp from IKEA, the cheapest one they had as they had destroyed the other lamp I had which had a paper shade. They used to love biting holes in it then jumped inside. I had to chuck it when it finally keeled over. So I bought the new one, brought it home, they managed to nibble a bit, I patched it with insulating tape but they still tried. Put it on one night and it would work. Saw some chews and thought they´d ruined it so decided to cut out the damage bit, put in a connecter and fix back together. Plugged it in, didn´t work. Checked the bulb fixture and fiddled still didn´t work. Checked to the plug point. They´d pulled the plug out of the wall behind the sofa . Who says we´re the clever ones lol.

To date pete has destroyed 3 iPhone chargers. 3! Momma bunny is not pleased.... He just loves cables!

(Needless to say I have learnt my lesson: bunny proofing and not being so forgetful about their whereabouts!)

Lynne xx

My sisters headphones really expensive ones too but luckily they weren't new xx

Sent from my iPod touch using Rabbit Forum

Back