What has your bun done for you?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirbyultra

Reaction score
Just wanted to start a thread to see how other people's bunnies have affected their lives. I know mine have changed my life entirely.

Some people may have read my blog and pieced some things together. Last year was a really rough time for me. Family issues, I got engaged and got married, the economy sank and my workplace seemed to crumble around me. The entire duration of my engagement andcoupled with my immediate family issues made my wedding so horrible that all I want to do in my life is to someday forget it ever happened. To this day when I see how wonderful my friends' weddings are, I am so happy for them but at the same time there is this huge boulder in my heart weighing me down, reminding me of how awful a time I had. :bawl:

Then Kirby came in my life! He made it worth it to get up in the morning (and drag my body to work). He gave me a reason to come home from the awful office. Kirby had a lot of trust issues and he taught me how to be patient for someone. I never thought I was the type to have any maternal instinct but Kirby brought it all out. I can't imagine my life without him now. Sometimes I work myself into a panic when I think about the inevitable day when he won't be here... it makes me sad to even think of it. :cry2I've never been diagnosed with depression or any thing like that but I'm pretty sure I hit a low point in my life and right when it got to be unbearable, I felt like Kirby saved me. :nod

I think I will always love Kirby most no matter how many rabbits come into my life. (Poor Toby, he's doomed to be 2nd! But I do love him too :) ) He has done so much for me.

Im sorry to hear youve had a tough time.but so glad kirby came along.
I have kept house buns for about 7 or 8 yrs now...im epileptic and have found all my buns and cats both alive and bridge..were in tune to me so much they could tell when a seizure was immenent before i could. i suffer form and have always sufferred depression with pretty severe bouts..and my buns again have tuned in and tried to comfort me....

i lost my beloved cat and i was devastated as shed sufferred awfully after some dumb workmen left solvent cleaner out where she licked it off the wondow frames even tho id told them we oculdnt have it..they ignored us and did it anyway as it was a disability adaption to hosue a wheelchair. our other cat her mum had gone into severe renal failure but held out over xmas..our mini lop folwoe dme upstirs and kept jumping in and out my bed snuggling me trying to make me laf.
he was lsot without her and when her mum went closely followed by my dad...he fell apart with us...so we got him a wifey form the rescue.
he kept us all going until 6 months later he died. we adopted a bunny who ahs had us in stictches since.....and weve gianed and lsot three buns in that time too.

but the buns persist in forging ahead and leaving me in wonder at how they grieve like us and forge ahead like us.

i have my 24yr old housebound daughter and we are each others 24hr carers....and our furry friends are our friends and family before they are pets.
otherwise my depression would have left me free to hide away.

my mum was so lonely and in the end a year ago we got her a hosuebun....now my lonely eldelry mum has company and a reason to go out and leave the house...buying greens for ehr bunny!

they teach us a lot about stress reactions as they feel it like i do...i love them all..have loved all of them that have passed too...but i know theyre safe with my dad as they loved him too.

pets are vital in our loves..they give us as much if not mroe than we give them..

What a story you have to tell.Our buns really make the difference in our lives. :blushan:I'm really impressed to hear about thehousebun for your mom -- that's really great that she is going outside more for the sake of her bunny!

Latest posts

Back