What has happened?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audrinasmommy88

Reaction score
I dont want to offend or upset anybody, but what is happening with this forum. When I joined months ago, everyone seemed so nice and helpful and RARELY did I ever see people arguing, bickering, or putting people down. All of the sudden this forum has kind of turned into a war zone. I honestly get scared to open any topics because I am afraid of what Im going to see. I really wish we could all get along and get back to what we were before. :sad: Sorry if this makes anyone upset, im just stating my opinion

Some disagreement is healthy. It can encourage people to see things in a differnent light.
I think it's hard for any public forum to eliminate 100% of the disagreements because you have people from all walks of life from across the world, really, talking about things...there are bound to be some mishaps.
I'm a member on other forums too and this one does an excellent job, IMO. Even if people disagree every now and again, this is a very friendly forum.:) as I said, a little debate is healthy.
Don't be scared to post here!

I completely agree with you Lisa...disagreement is healthy...but sometimes the extent of it is a little much. I'm not an outspoken person, so I guess thats why it bothers me and I get scared because I dont want to have a confrontation...

I also think this forum is healthy discussion-wise. I was on a forum before this where people were HUGE bullies and would completely attack/gang up on people with different views on rabbit care. And when anyone told them to cool it down, they would say they didn't have the time to be polite. It's one of the reasons I'm barely on that one anymore.

let me explain what i meant a little better. I dont mean the whole forum in general.... but there have been some topics lately where certain people have gotten out of hand....i dont know, maybe its just me that sees it

I think I know what you are talking about. It's usually limited though. It's hard to be outspoken sometimes and conflict can be uncomfortable I get that. But sometimes I've learned from it too! Sometimes people just speak their mind more and it can be hard for people to swallow. But all in all this is a great forum compared to others I've seen out there! Lol

Kung Fu Tzu, the Chinese philosopher once said "It is better to be silent and thought a fool instead of opening your mouth and confirming everyone's opinion". "I do not agree with what you're saying, but I will defend to the death your right to say it", Voltaire. I expect disagreement, but, what I don't like are people who have a very limited comprehension of the English language who go on to misconstrue what I have said. Just like the song, "Short People"--Randy Newman wrote it as a slam on people with bigotry in their heart, but many were up in arms because he doesn't like people of short stature. Simply put, idiots. Likewise if a person who raises some of their rabbits for meat ask a question about the health and well being of their rabbits, they shouldn't get "slammed" here or get snide comments in their posting. Unfortunately, George Carlin was all to right when he said, "God must love stupid people cause he made so darn many". My feeling is to just ignore them as they are a majority of one and can't see any others' view but their own. "Their minds are so narrow that their ears are rubbing!" R. Lopez.

No kidding the topic of the song "Short People" just came up at a family get together and we were all talking about what a "mean" song that was. Kinda laughing and joking about it, not getting all crazy about it....but I had no idea that's what it was about!

Can't wait to tell everyone what I learned ;)

I have to agree with you Rachel, we joined the forum around the same time and I feel the vibe has changed. While I think the majority of the forum still has informative, helpful info to pass along, I've seen some discussions that I just steer very clear from. Especially when I asked a simple question on a thread and the OP seemed to become very angry. I just apologized for misunderstanding what was posted, and I have been rather reluctant to post unless my post is very benign. I'm just here to learn, not annoy people. :(

I really love this forum, but I do agree that sometimes we all need to learn how to "agree to disagree" and just drop it. I also agree that pretty much any online forum you join is going to have some disagreement (at times, unfriendly). I hope you'll find that the vast majority of threads and posts are respectful and helpful rather than uncomfortable. Please don't be afraid to post, though!

Don't get discouraged.

RO Staff does it's best to keep the harmony.
If harmony were an easy thing to come by......all the bands in the world would be like the Beatles.

Regrettably, there are occasions that member(s) upset the others due to their input or responses.
This is to be expected on a public forum, but we try to do our best to address those issues when it happens.

If there's ever a time that you feel uncomfortable with a member's input, please contact a Mod or Admin so that we can look into it. Sometimes we miss things and we appreciate it when it's brought to out attention.

We want all members to feel comfortable on the forum.

I think people should think of it this way; if they feel certain people are changing the tone of the forum, don't be afraid to post any more; instead, post more to give the forum a friendly feel. A forum is only as good as its members. :)

Me, I'm quiet. I hardly ever post. :p

I honestly have been thinking of taking a break. I'm just not sure this is the friendly place it used to be. I guess previously people were given the bennefit of the doubt that they ment well and could clarify before all heck broke lose. Now I find myself getting jumped on when I didn't mean anything by a comment. I tend to ask a lot of questions and it's getting me in trouble lately. It seems like a lot of the long-term members aren't talking anymore.

i apologize if i happen to be on the list of reasons that you guys are not happy as i believe i was part of the debate in question. I was trying to stick up for what i believe when someone made a very hurtful remark. I like the forum and most members and the fact that we all have different opinions is invaluable. Sometimes i feel that a few feel the need to push their ideas on others and make some people feel bad because they aren't as good as them ... so anywho i apologize and am trying my best to be part of the healthy debate without offending.

I guess I just have thick skin..it doesn't bother me one bit. I was a member on cafemom..now that is drama lol.

There are all different types of people here..not everyone can get along. I might not agree with everything, but I share my honest opinion and am not afraid to stand by it. I also respect others view.

Anaira wrote:
I think people should think of it this way; if they feel certain people are changing the tone of the forum, don't be afraid to post any more; instead, post more to give the forum a friendly feel. A forum is only as good as its members. :)
Quoted for truth!
( and we have some FABULOUS members that really should post more ;) )

( As JimD said, feel free to contact the mods at any time if you are uncomfortable with how a thread is going, or how someone is interacting with you: this is a combat-free, judgement-free zone - we pride ourselves on that quality :) If there is someone who really gets under your skin, feel free to use the Ignore function, and avoid the stress)

Latest posts

Back