What happened to my bunnie's legs?!?!?!? help!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clairebear0713

Reaction score
Hi, I am new to this site and I hope thatsomone has some advice, if this isn't weird enough...

It seems to me that my friend's bunnywas normalwhen I first met her. Her name is Cindy. A Small, very young,floppy-eared bunny,and as cute as anything. Almost immediatly, westarted to notice how her legs were kind of 'slacking off', and notholding her up properly. Now,she looks like a frogwhenevershe hops around.Does it hurt her?Will she eventually grow out of this?? Does this happen often tobunnies like her??? My friend will take her to the vet,butdoes anyone have any advice????Pleasehelp.

Welcome clairebear0713,

Pamnock is an ARBA (American Rabbit Breeders Association) Judge, shealso breeds her own rabbits, and has studied them extensively throughthe years.

Long and short of it, you can take her advice to the bank 99.9999% of the time.

If the rabbit was older, it would make a difference because it could'vebeen a sign of many other ailments such as arthritis, kidney failure,and so on.

This may be the last reply you see on this question, and quite frankly, it's because the question has been answered by Pamnock.

Don't take our lack of replies as a lack of caring. Introduce yourfriend to this forum and we'll do what we can for her and her littleone, even if it's just to offer support.

-Carolyn

Carolyn wrote:
Welcome clairebear0713,

Pamnock is an ARBA (American Rabbit Breeders Association) Judge, shealso breeds her own rabbits, and has studied them extensively throughthe years.

-Carolyn
For Shame Carolyn!

I'm assuming this is some type of an attempt to make my head grow bigger than Stephanie's!

Pam

pamnock wrote:
Carolyn wrote:
Welcome clairebear0713,

?

-Carolyn
For Shame Carolyn!

I'm assuming this is some type of an attempt to make my head grow bigger than Stephanie's!

Pam

The only reason why I didn't say 100% of the time is because I knew you'd take issue with that.

Leave my Stephanie's head alone! :X

-Carolyn

Nope -- it refers to a family joke about mydaughter Stephanie's big head LOL My husband used to calledher "Pumpkin" head when she was a baby and I had also mentioned on arecent post how her head measurement is bigger than mine.

Pam

My friend is unable to join. (she is from Peru)

Thanks you guys for all your help!!:)I could not findanything related to spay-legs in bunnies anywhere! Where did you findthat information????

Did you go to the links I posted? The first one had extensive info on hindquarter weakness in rabbits.

Pam

I do extensive research on the internet, so canfind information rather quickly. If I'm not finding the infoI need, I redefine the search and use different key words or pick upkey words from the previous search.

Pam

I do that same thing. I also "pick the brains" of those who know much more than I.

I never would have believed there is so much to learn about bunnies...as of 3 months ago. When I got Bo, I had no clue as toanything with him. I gave him the pellets the breeder sentwith him and water....

When he first "flopped" I thought he had something wrong and was having a seizure. :p

Latest posts

Back