What greens should i start my baby bunny on ?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mini lop luva

Reaction score
I have a 4 and a half monthold bunny i wanted to start feeding her greens what would be the bestgreens to start it off as i want to do it gradly as they have baddigstive systems help ??

Devon is about 4 mos. old as well. He wasaccustomed to many vegetables before leaving the shelter, so hisdigestive tolerance may be different than your bunny's. I feed Devon 1cup of mixed greens everyday. I feed collard greens, baby carrots,romaine lettuce, and on occassion green peppers (he doesn't care forthese much)

Parsley is always a good one. Minelike the flat leaf variety best. Or cilantro.Endive or escarole are also good, as are other dark green lettuces.

They say to start them with a quarter-size piecethe first day (the size of a quarter that is) - and then to increase abit more each day after that if they can handle it.

Remember - iceburg lettuce isn't good for rabbits...the darker greenlettuce is what your bunny needs when you start it on lettuce...

I like starting them on parsley or cilantro.

Peg

Back