Quantcast

What grass is this?

Help Support RabbitsOnline:

poopandpee

Reaction score
I sometimes pluck out grass for my rabbits to eat, but noticed these little fluffy sprouts coming out now during spring.

any idea what kind of grass this is?
C443DCA4-E788-4D4B-BF36-9DF87AC8D9CE.jpeg

Lucas the Bun πŸ’•πŸ‡

Reaction score
Ok this is it 0270C9C1-E8E2-4706-AE26-E598131E1666.png14BD57C1-B46F-45C8-B169-D2444AD07CAD.png

Also you probably already know this, but for anybody reading, it is not safe to give a rabbit plants that have been mowed (because of the chance of getting gasoline on it) and if it has had any pesticides or fertilizers or fungicide.

poopandpee

Reaction score
omg amazing thankyou.
edit: oh no, its a paid app :( I gta make my 7 day free-trial count more then just scanning the grass hahah!

JBun

Jenny - Health & Wellness Mod
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
If you keep the seed heads cut down, the leaf should start growing again.

Zee-Man

Reaction score
That is barley, or possibly wheat. I understand that seed and grains should be avoided. The rest of it is ok. Both of these grains sometimes get mixed in lawn grass seed. Sometimes they are used for erosion control on roadsides for their fast growth. Sometimes they simply spill out of trucks in transit.

Compare to Foxtail (which actually comes in 6 or 7 varieties)

Foxtail seed and seed STEMS should be avoided. They can injure the mouth and intestines.

Last edited:

Zee-Man

Reaction score
So I have some foxtail growing in my yard. I took the time this morning to feel the stem. While the reports I read on foxtail in pasturage talk about the stems having barbs I could not sense any. The awns are rather prickly. I can see how they would injure soft mouth parts. The stems could splinter, specially when they dry out. The foxtail in my yard is still at a stage prior to dough so I can't say empirically yet.

Latest posts