What food to feed my rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikewatt1000

Reaction score
He eats about a cup of vegetables per day everyday but he does not like his food pellets he will not eat them and I don't know what to do try are just plain pellets, any recommendations on food that rabbits will enjoy??

What brand of pellets were you feeding him? Are you feeding him hay too?

All I can say is that is a good quality pellet. I don't really know why your rabbit wouldn't like them. Is this rabbit new to you? If you just got him and the pellets are not what he is used to, that may be why he isn't eating them. Hopefully, someone else has some ideas.

I had a problem with my rabbit not liking those pellets suddenly. Jbun suggested to me that some of the Oxbow with the expiry of October 2015 rabbits were not liking it. What's the expiry on the bag you have?

Exactly how long have you had him? It may be he is still getting used to his new home and will come around and start eating the pellets soon. Can you ask the previous owners if he actually ate them before?

Did he use to eat those same pellets for the 3 months you got him then suddenly stop? I would suspect a tooth problem that's causing him pain when he crunches on hard pellets.

No he has been nibbling on them occasionally ever since we have got him I have to feed him oats (it's the only thing he will eat other than veggies)

I had a problem with my rabbit not liking those pellets suddenly. Jbun suggested to me that some of the Oxbow with the expiry of October 2015 rabbits were not liking it. What's the expiry on the bag you have?

Yah it says oct 23 2015 some rabbits didn't like the ones with that expiry date?

No he has been nibbling on them occasionally ever since we have got him I have to feed him oats (it's the only thing he will eat other than veggies)

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think oats are good for rabbits.

I got a different type of food and he loves it! It has dried up fruits and veggies and seeds e absolutely loves it

Oooh...foods with seeds are not very good for bunnies. Companies put all that stuff in there so it looks cool and people will buy them, and bunnies love it because they add in all sorts of sugars and fats. But really plain pellets are the healthiest, and Oxbow is one of the best. Perhaps you did get one of the bad October-expiry batches. I would pick out the seeds in the meantime, and hopefully if you can get fresher bag of Oxbow, transition him back over to the good pellets. :)

Latest posts

Back