What exactly does this mean?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephanie

Reaction score
This is totally new to me, but probably not to you others who have had rabbits for years and years, and multiple buns at that.

Lately Valura has been acting a bit aggressive towards Chompers. Mostof the time they are cuddling together, sleeping together and grooming.(All three thankfully). Then out of the blue, she starts chasing himaround, he chases her, and there is nothing cute or adoring about it.

Last night it was horrible. They seriously looked like those cartoonswhen animals fight and are rolling around in a ball. Loud slaps, loudsNOs, serious soaking with water bottles did nothing. Dave got bit badly(he was bleeding), and finally we had to get a towel to seperate them.

Also, both of them will have their tails lifted up very high while thechasing is going on. They also end up pooping everywhere when thishappens. What does the raised tail mean? Will spaying her put a stop tothis? We were going to wait to get her spayed until after the holidays,but after last night we discussed it this morning and I'm putting acall in Monday morning to get the spaying ball rolling. '

Like I said, most of the time Valura and Chompers are close and getalong fine. She and Abby are very bonded and spend most of their timeplaying together. What's up with my adorable baby girl?????

Ears laid back, tail up, tenseposition...all signs of aggression. If some bunny is notspayed, that may be part of it. We had two does whos werebonded lose their relationship after being separated when they werespayed, never to regain that bonding back again.Granted, wedidn't try to rebond them all that much.

You might want to link to the Language of Lagomorphs athttp://www.muridae.com/rabbits/rabbittalk.htmlinorder to get some pointers on rabbits' non-verbal communications, itincludes anger and aggression.

Buck

Like I said, I think it's time for her to bespayed. Thankfully, this has only happened twice, but by twice I meantwo different nights. Meaning, they'll chase and fight, we stop them,an hour later they're at it again. Then all is good in Bunnyland andthey're cuddling again.

Thanks for the link Buck.

Latest posts

Back