What does your bunny do when you are sick??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmas rabbit

Reaction score
Derby as many of you know is not the most social of rabbits. I think he may be crossed somewhere along the line with a cat:D. He allows you to pet him when he feels like it. Doesn't like to be picked up and really doesn't want to snuggle unless you wrap your arms around him while he is on the floor. On the weekend I ended up with a horrible flu. Boy was I and still am sick. Derby during the night much to my surprise hopped up on the bed and laid down beside me. I put my arm around him and snuggled him close for over half an hour. He then laid on the floor and watched me. 7 am is usually the longest he will go before getting silly about being let outside, but he never made a fuss, just laid there quietly until 10am when I let him out. At first I wondered if he was sick too, but he was eating, peeing and pooing his usual amounts, once let outside he did the bunny binky circuit. He was just concerned. Amazing isn't it that they know. Do your animals act differently when you are sick?

Oh Alma, Derby is such a sweet boy. I'm glad he is taking good care of you and letting you sleep. I hope you get to feeling better soon!
:sickbunny:

Mine tend to be more snuggly when I'm sick or my pain levels are high. Becky will cover me in kisses trying to make everything all better. Gary will be so entertaining. Even Houdini and Sophie will lay next to me and keep me company. Happy to report I havn't been seriously sick *knock on wood* since getting Panda and Bunnicula so not sure about them. Panda did follow me around all weekend while I was cleaning and reorganizing, so I'm guessing he will snuggle. Gonna have to rotate the buns next time I'm sick.

Yes! I was actually home sick from school today, (sinus infection I think,) and Teddy was so snuggly today! She's usually got this weird thing about her back being touched but she didn't really have a problem with it today. Also, I took a nap earlier, and when I woke up she was sitting right beside me, but usually she sleeps in her condo or under the bed. It's pretty funny to see how she's been acting toward me today.

Latest posts

Back