What does this body motion mean?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leaf

Reaction score
:headflick:

That icon pretty much sums up the head motion -a pronounced flick of the head to one side. Absolutely no injuries, earmites, objects in the ears...

I think it's either a half binky or annoyed motion, depending on context. My bunnies will do it to say "leave me alone!" or when they get caught doing something bad "teehee, mama caught me!"

But I'm not sure.

Yeah, it's just happy bunny. :biggrin2:

Tobi does this when she is annoyed with me. Mostly if she's doing something bad and I clap my hands at her, she will look at me and shake her ears. Sometimes she will do it if I just walk in the room or try to pet her. :? Of course, she will give my fiance kisses on demand. :(
That makes sense, though, since I do all the nail trims and cleaning cages and medical attention and scolding and putting her into the carrier. (And feeding.)
He cleans litterboxes and gives pets.

Nibbles sometimes does this in lieu of a full binky, though I've also seen her shake her head at me when she's annoyed. The "head bink" literally looks playful, but the other head shake doesn't - hard to explain in words, but pretty easy to see. (Wish I had some video footage for you...)

I have a shelter bunny , Gulliver, home with me. When I take him out of the dog crate and put in in the huge magic pen to spend the day..he does the flick and a bunch of binys too..Happy Bunny definitely for him!!!!!

Billy does this head twitch a lot, mostly when he jumps on the bed and is getting ready to binky. When I see the uncontrollable twitching, I know to get out the camera. He also twitches his head when he hears someone yell his name, which is usually if he's getting into trouble. He's been known to binky away from people when he's done something bad.

If I try to pet him on the head he twitches, but I think that's more of an itch thing.

When Baxter! first entered my life - I took him into the Vet convinced he had earmites as each day I would come home (had had him a whopping 3 days) he would try to rear-up and would shake his head; Ran him into the Vet and was pretty peeved as he had just been to the Vet the day before.. The Vet laughed at me and explained about the 1/2 binky (they did recheck his ears just to make sure).

Baxter! still does this when happy, when scoldedhe adds a front double paw stomp;or when he has made the cat mad.. lil-bugger - :D

As others have said, it can indicate playfulness or annoyance. My one bun, Zoe, uses the head flip to express both moods; my other girl, Emma, usually only does it when she's feeling extra-spunky and, thus, playful.

Jenk

Latest posts

Back