What do you use on your cage floor?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cecil

Reaction score
Im looking for an alternative to what I'm using. Right now I'm using the ferret nation trays and a blanket over top of them, but skip is not getting use to his new litter boxes very quick and pees on the blankets a lot. And he's chewing on them; I don't want his tummy to get messed up!
I was thinking about plastic shower curtain liners? Easy to clean and might be ok if he chews on it? Any other suggestions or what do you guys think of this?

Are the trays solid? If they are, I would just use them. Using bedding only in the litterbox should help him figure things out.

I use baby blankets, fleece, carpet and tile. I have a 3 level cage and I give them a few different options on different parts of their cage :)

He will pick up on litter habits as time goes on. In the beginning, during training, you might have to stick an extra box in the cage to give him more options. Also, he may pick his corner he likes to go in so don't fight that, just put a litterbox there.

Clean up messes as quickly as possible so he doesn't smell to go there again. Limit free run area until he is litter trained. So as far as floor options, it may not matter much yet. Sometimes using nothing bunny doesn't like peeing on a solid surface so it helps encourage litter training. You could try that and then you might be able to add the blankets back later.

Do you think bathroom foam mats will be good? Im planing to buy it today and see how it goes.

Latest posts

Back