What do you think?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hyatt101

Reaction score
So, long story short, I have 2 bunnies indoors, a lionhead and a Nethie. The Nethie is litter trained, but not the lionhead, who is named Taz. My mom is getting annoyed at the smell Taz is bringing in, so she wants me to bring her outdoors at my dads house, where I have 2 other buns who live outdoors. Taz has lived indoors since she was around 10 weeks old, and I wouldn't move her outdoors until spring, but I don't know if I want to. I would buy a sturdy, new cage if I was going to move her, probably a hutch, but I feel like its almost easier to care for bunnies indoors; that they get maybe a little more attention since they're right indoors with you. We also have a bullmastiff at my dads house, who is the sweetest dog, but he has gone after our bunnies before. We now have the bunnies blocked off from the dog so that they are safe.

I just don't know if I want Taz outdoors. What do you guys think?

How old is Taz? She may need to be spayed to get her to get litter trained.

An indoor rabbit is accustomed to a temperature much different that an outdoor environment would provide. But if you had to make the transition, spring would be a good time.

Taz is around 5 months old. The temp change was one of my main concerns as well. I haven't decided anything yet, I'll wait and see

she's still unspayed, right? I would convince your parents to wait and see how she does once she get spayed - should be easy enough since you'd be waiting until spring to move her outside anyway.

Agreed with everyone else, wait until she's spayed until you make any final decisions. We have had some rescues come in with HORRIBLE litter habits, but they get spayed and then suddenly, they're perfect with the litter box. I mean, it's no guarantee of course, but you are planning on getting her spayed anyways, right?

When you clean the cage, how thoroughly are you cleaning it? Are you spraying down pee spots with vinegar water and scrubbing it down? That should help the smell.

I agree with the others. Get her spayed and SCRUB the cage daily. I am not going to guarantee you that getting her spayed will help with litter habbits because of one of my experiences with spayed rabbits. Beauty was perfect with her bod before I got her spayed. After I got her spayed she is much worse. She does not use the litter box when out to run very much and often soils her cage. My only other rabbit that I have gotten spayed was perfect with habbits before the spay and about the same after, maybe a little better or worse depending on the day.

Latest posts

Back