What do you think?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LindseyG

Reaction score
I am possibly going to travel tomorrow or thursday to NC (5 hour trip 10 hour round trip) a breeder and I have been talking to and she wants me to breed my buck Furby to one of her does, I would of course get a doe of my choosing from the resulting litter. I'm just not sure it's worth it, my boyfriend thinks i'm nuts. haha I think it would be worth it because I know the resulting baby would be gorgeous. Another option would be to purchase a doe from her instead of making the two round trips to breed my buck and pick up resulting baby. Decisions decisions...
one of her females
6827425235_14b04a3529_z.jpg

If it was me, I'd make one trip and bring that doe home. From what I see, and no expert, but love her coloring. And with Furby, I think there would be more than "just one" in that litter from that pair that would really be keepers.

K:)

Thanks, it wouldn't be that doe, that doe in the photo would be momma doe but all her babies are gorgeous.
here is just one of her 12 week olds
530982_2682923527167_1678710504_1651459_670797066_n.jpg

LindseyG wrote:
Thanks, it wouldn't be that doe, that doe in the photo would be momma doe but all her babies are gorgeous.
here is just one of her 12 week olds
530982_2682923527167_1678710504_1651459_670797066_n.jpg
She is absolutely gorgeous!

K:)

I could see making the round trips if that is what I really wanted but then my husband races go-karts and we travel for that. For us a trip that takes six hours all together is no big deal. Ten wouldn't be that bad for us but we have done that just one way.

If it were me, I'd buy a doe from her. Unless you don't mind making 2 trips, of course. I refuse to travel more than 4 hours (one way) for a rabbit. I absolutely abhor driving long distances.

You'll get awesome babies, no matter what you eventually decide. But if you buy a doe, you'll have even MORE awesome babies. :)

Can you find a mutual rabbit show to go to and just breed them there? Then it's just one trip to select the baby. That would be preferable to making two trips or her having to haul the babies to a show for you to select...that would be too stressful for the kits.

I'd probably get a doe. I know this sounds pessimistic but theres every chance that if you leave him there to mate that you wont get him back.

I've heard quite a few times of people leaving their rabbits/dogs to be bred and then never hearing from or being able to contact that person again.

Just be careful!

Thanks everyone. I have gotten a few pictures of the babies she has available and if everything goes well I will make a trip up there tomorrow.
I love this tort doe
6968679110_f514ebb1b4.jpg

This buck is cute but his ears are low
6968679036_910f3f6c64_z.jpg

They're both cute!! Maybe the buck was having a "I'm sad, and I'm going to show it" kind of day. LOL The doe looks really nice, and would be my pick, too. :)

Latest posts

Back