What do you spend on supplies?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh boy... Well, I guess I'll do the current, rather than what it'll be in a month. XD

Feed: $17 for a 25 lbs bag of Del's Feed. Lasts me a month and a half. $11.33 a month.

Hay: $10 for a 58 lbs compressed timothy bale. $10 for alfalfa for the babies. $20 a month.

Toys: Oh... All the rabbits cost different amounts. My buck shreds EVERYTHING, while the does can make their toys last 4-6 months each. So, I guess I'd estimate $15 a month.

Litter: $10 a month for the pine pellets. Lasts about two months, because I rarely use the cages without the large pans. (I dont even need them, but they make the petsmart cages look better.) $5 a month.

Veggies: I grow my own, for the most part, but during the winter months, I try to keep it down to $10 a month.

That brings my total, for just the rabbits, up to about $60 a month for four rabbits. Three nursing does, one buck, and obviously three litters. I figure when the babies start eating more, in a few weeks, my bill will go through the roof with the extra 10 babies. LOL.

We have 10 bunns:

Rabbit Pellets: $20 per 2 months for a 11lb bag.
Litter: $8 per month for a 40lb bag soft pine pellets.
Hay: $3 per 3 months for a bale of mixed grasses.
Greens:$40 per week for 8 types of greens.
I make all our kids wooden chew toys...so we don't reallypay for those! :D

So about:$180 a month for our bunns...not including vet calls or meds...and that usually runs roughly...$100 per month.

We also have 5 cats:

Cat Food: $20 per month
Litter: $8 per month
Treats:$4 per month

We make all our own scratch posts and they don't EAT their toys...so no extra costs there! :biggrin2:

So about $32 per month for the cats.

Total: $180+ $100+ $32= $312 for our pets per month!:shock::biggrin2:

I pay:

$9 for pellets which last 6-8 weeks

$10.50 for a bag of hay which I figure will last about 6 months

$6 for wood pellets which last 3-4 months

So that's $7.25 per month for the basics.

Veggies bought from the farmer'smarketrun about $5 per week right now (I can't wait to get my garden in again!)

And toys (mostly wicker basket, grape vine wreaths, etc. from the craftshop)and treats (dried fruit) run about $5 per month

So, in total, I'm paying about $32 per month for one bunny. I expect that amount to go down about $10-15 in the summer.

Hope that helps!

Rue

Hay - $15 a bale for oaten, mixed with grass hay cut from our pastures
Oxbow pellets $32 a bag
Yesterdays News $8 a bag
Seagrass mats which are used to line shelfs, rolled into tunnels etc $2 ea

We grow all our own veggies, herbs, fruit etc. pretty much and harvest our own sticks and such. And we have sheep, chooks etc so even the fertilizer, compost etc is 'homegrown' so to speak.

Bunnies are no where near as bad as how much I spend on my dogs. Ask me what their food, supplies, vetting, grooming, training travel, club fees and training gear cost! On second thought, DON'T ask me... I am sure it'll do my blood pressure no good to know!!!
:pullhair::nerves1

Back