What do you make of this?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spoh

Reaction score
Friday morning Lucy was fine, we were planning to leave town right when I got home from work so I made sure she had plenty of water, hay etc. to last until my Mom checked on her that evening. In fact she had enough hay to last the whole weekend but I wanted to be sure.

I got home from work about 2:30, my husband had gotten home around 12:30, just before we were walking out the door my husband says " gosh, Lucy hasn't been out to see me since I got home" That is very strainge, he had been sitting at the computer which is in her room so for her not to want his attention was very odd. So I went in the check on her and she was sitting (muffined) on her bottom level, again odd because she eats and pottys on the bottom level but never just sits. I reached in to pet her and she didn't move, again odd. I actually picked her up, very odd, she hardly ever tolerates being picked up. She ran under the Christmas tree and again sat muffined, when I reached to pet her and talked to her she reached for my hand and I could tell that something wasn't right, I could tell by the look on her face,but I couldn't tell what it was. I pet her and tried to feel around and when I got towards hermiddle she took off and went into her cage. She was hopping fine, had eaten and drank etc. The only thing that I could think of was that I had put one of those white wire closet organizer shelves on the couch because she had been digging at it and I didn't want her to destroy it while we were gone, so I thought maybe she got her leg stuck in it or something but she was hopping just fine. I hated to leave but my husbands family was waiting for us and my Mom was going to be over in just a bit so after making sure she had plenty of hay and water that she could get at easily we left. I knew my Mom would let me know how she was and wouldn't hesitate to take her to the vet if I said to. She lives right next door so although I hated to leave I knew she was in good hands.

So anyway I called my Mom a bit later and she said " Joy, Lucy is totally fine. She is all over the room, up on all three levels of her cage, eating, drinking, playing, pooping,peeingetc." I called again yesterday and still she is great, we got home this morning and she is great. So what would have made her act so "not right" and then just go away. Something was obviously wrong with her or something had upset her, but what?

Any ideas?

Joy

Personally, I think they sometimes pick up on our emotions. She might have felt there was some sort of change in the house and with you.

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Personally, I think they sometimes pick up on our emotions. She might have felt there was some sort of change in the house and with you.
I agree. She sensed that you were stressed about leaving her, and therefore she was worried, too.

Latest posts

Back