What do you feed?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kelso

Reaction score
I'm looking for a better food for Kelso that ishigh-quality and inexpensive. What do you feed your rabbits? Is ithigh-quality, how much does it cost, and where can you get it?

I'm currently switching to Oxbow. It's$12 for 10 lbs. You have to be careful where you get it from,as one of the stores near me charges almost $8 for 5! It'sreally high quality. There is an alfalfa formula for youngerrabbits and a timothy formula for older rabbits. I'm usingthe timothy.

I'm switching away from Kaytee forti-diet. It is more fattyand has less fiber. On days where Mocha eats less hay, herpoops can be a little soft.

16% Buckeye Feed -- approx. $9.50 for 50 lb. bags. We go through approx. 700 lbs. per month.

Pam

I get it from a feed store....Its much cheaper and fresher there! I pay like 6 bucks for 25lbs and its 17% I believe.

I would have to go with Blue Seal Bunny 16. Ihave had no problem with my rabbits on it. My baby rabbits eat bunny 16just like my adults. Blue Seal Show Hutch Deluxe is not a good rabbitfood for all breeds. I only recommend it for small rabbits and forsmall young rabbits. My friend who is a really good rabbit breeder usedit on all of her rabbits once and all of a sudden her french couldn'tbreed, it was from the food. my friend breeds French Lops, BelgianHares, American Fuzzy Lops, Mini Lops, Havanas, Himalayans, Velvetians,and a lot more.

Cleo

I've tried the Blue Seal Bunny 16, and my bunswon't eat it. They are so spoiled on the Show Hutch Deluxe,apparently! LOL When I adopted Abby, Angel gave mea ton of the 16 and I mixed it with mine, well, those little stinkersgo through and eat just the Show Hutch and leave all the 16.The pellets are shaped differently, so I can tell. They arespoiled, finicky little buggers!!

Jen

I also have bunnies and also have onepet supply store, but he only has Purina rabbit chow and he charges meonly like $10.00 for like 25pounds ! Why is this other foodso muchmore expensive? why is itmore hearty or more halthier formyrabbit? what does it have init that my pellets donthave init!

my rabbits are healthy!

:bunnydance::mrsthumper::thumper::runningrabbit:hellothere! Ihave a question! I have a pregnantdoe who likes the taste of the kitten replacer milk, so igive it to her daily, cause i was under the assumption that it wouldnot hurt her to get it once daily while i feed itto the other doe's kits !

I just wanted to know, Is there any benefits to feeding her the formulafor the unborn kits that she carries in her belly now until july23rd? It wont hurt them , will it?

I just want to know will it actually make thebabies (Kits) stronger when they come out? Please help us, we are kindof beginners! God bless all :angel:eek:f u at Rabbits.com !

chiperluv

FrenchLopGirl1280 wrote:
I'n not trying to be mean to you, cirrustwi. Itsjust my opinion.

Not being mean. If I am, I'm SORRY, SSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOORRRRRYYYYYYYYY !!!!

Cleo
Oh, it's not a problem. It was recommended to me by Sampson'sbreeder. She breeds Flemish, English, French and Mini Lops,Californians and New Zealands (I think maybe some others too) and shehasn't had any problems with it. I don't know, she's a goodbreeder, so I decided to go for it.

Jen

Thanks everyone! I just took a trip to the feedstore to get some Woody Pet and noticed the all the varieties of foodthey have there. Now I'll have a guide of what to get or not to get.

I also feed Blue Seal Bunny 16. I wasfeeding Oxbow, but it's sooo expensive, and they seem to like the BlueSeal better. Their coats are shinier as well :)

I know we are in different countries but... Bindy eats pellets from apet store and hat from the same store, I tend to find they agree betterwith her rather than supermarket ones.

I guess it all depends on what they like best.:)

Latest posts

Back