What do you feed your rabbits?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RabbitLover9

Reaction score
I feed mine unlimited timothy hay (the stuffmade by Oxbow), 1/4 cup of Oxbow Bunny Basics grain per bunny per day,and about a cup of greens a day (usually red or green leaf lettuceand/or cilantro). They also get timothy hay cubes, and gothrough about one a day. Just wondering how other bunnies'diets differ from mine.

In the morning they get pellets -- Blue SealShow Hutch Deluxe(amounts depend on which bunny) andoats. In the evening they get salad -- 1 dish full, I'm notsure how much this is cup wise, but about 1 cup I think. Theyalways have unlimited timothy hay. They usuallygetcanned pumpkin 2 times a week. They get some treat daily, forinstance, tonight they are getting dried papaya.

Jen

I feed mine purina rabbit chow.. They are doingso much better then when i fed a walmart brand. Plus they have thetimothy hay and get treats now and then. Luv doesnt eat justanything but I joke that Roger is a dog cause he dont turn anythingdown.

Cristy

Unlimited timothy hay...the younger rabbits getunlimited pellets..(specially the guy trying to put on weight frombeing sick)...they get a big bunny salad in the evenings with miscthings in it...depends on the day....and a papaya tablet a day (mostdays) for a treat, an occasional raisin and/or craisin and I'verecently made some of the bunny treats from this site and they lovethose!!! Only get those every couple days.

Lol! And my mother says I spoil mine, look at all of you. hehe..

Mine get Nutrena 17 pellets and the show rabbits get rolled oats, somemana and black oil sunflower seeds. Also, when I can get them, I feedWheat and Barley. This would all be mixed in a certain ratio and they'dget about 2 tablespoons a day. haha.. but it gets expensive when youhave so many.

Kat

I feed mine ulimited alfalfa hay (since they'reso young), unlimited rabbit pellets, oats, and some treats such ascraisins, banana, strawberry, blueberry, carrot etc. depending on day.

Charlie

I realize this is going to look terrible until Ielaborate... We feed our older rabbit Nutriphase Gold. That's all shereally wants now days, we give her some kind of "treat" wether it be aYougurt treat, Collard Greens, Carrots, Carrot Tops, or Celery... butthe thing is, with the food we feed Tiny B.. it already has Alfalfamixed in with it, along with pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, carrots,and many other vegetabls/fruits. She loves the food.

Our younger bunny, Anakin (who is still under 6 months) gets normalNutriphase. I'm going to start introducing him to fruits and vegetablescome later this week. I tried giving him a carrot and he refused to eatit. Only thing he really has an appetite for is his food, and the extraAlfalfa. I'm going to see how he likes banana's Thursday.

Mocha get unlimited pellets- crappy KayteeForti-diet, but I'm searching for Oxbow. At least she's off the Fiesta!Unlimited timothy hay, close to 1 cup of greens like endive, red leaf,cilantro, or parsley. Occasional broccoli or carrot, and she getsalfalfa sprouts most days when we have them, which isn't often. A pinchof oats every day since the spay but I will cut back on that now. Hertreats are dried nettle leaves.

i feed all my buns on Excel, Supa Rabbit food!!its really good, all pet shops and that sell that brand of food!! andits cheap too! its got all the vitamins and minalrals a rabbit needs!!its a pellet food! its great though i wouldnt change it for anything!!

i also feed them vegfgies and fruit!! and they love it all!! specail intheir balls i bought them to play with whilst getting feed!

Since Chinny is so young, she gets unlimitedpellets, which are alfalfa pellets and some oats. Then unlimitedalfalfa and now grass hay. And she gets one salad a day, whichgenerally consists of: dandelions when I can get some, cilantro,parsley, mint. On occasion she will get bell pepper, broccoli andromaine.

Virginia

My bunnies get grated veggies at 8inthe morning (one of them has no teeth) and sometimes a few raisins.They like chopped broccoli, parsley, cabbage lettuce and carrots.

At around 5pm they get a little cup of oats between the two of them. At10pm they get a little cup of Excel pellets between the two of them.

They also have unlimited organic meadow hay.:)

ND

Unlimited 7 blend no alfalfa Oxford meadows organic hay

3/4bunnybowl of oxbow timothy pellets 1/4 bunnybowl of matrins timothy pellets

Parsley, cilantro, escarole, romaine, rapinni, kholrabi, organic carrottops, brocolli, collards, boy choy, green peppers (2-3servings per day)

Carrots every 3-4 days, Banana 1/8 on ocassion. Apple or, pear,apricot, peach ( slice) etc... on ocassion. Berries once a week.Oranges once a week

Flax seeds once a week, pumpkin seeds on ocassion,

Papaya and pinapple fresh as needed during shedding.

The ocassional cruton in exchange for a binky:)

Latest posts

Back